Would THIS Motivate You?

6stringbostic

Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:37 pm

Imagine getting this opportunity!

Man, these guys looked like they both had a BLAST!

I will be practicing in case I ever get a chance like this...

Does it motivate YOU? :)

AndyT

Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:51 pm

Hey 6, I'd give your right arm for a chance like that!

Chasplaya

Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:56 am

AndyT wrote:
Hey 6, I'd give your right arm for a chance like that!
And Andy I'd happily give your left arm :laugh:

Back to the question yup pretty motivating, pretty highly unlikely I'll get the opportunity though but one lives in hope !

6stringbostic

Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:31 am

about 20 yrs ago the last time i was "serious" about playing i befriended some local pro musicians who played music i liked - used to go watch em all the time became pretty good friends.

i'll never forget the 1st time they asked me to play with them onstage at the local bar.

i was hooked!

THAT motivated me big time.

what i'm sayin is that for me it didn't take the potential to play with the great TE to motivate me.

go hook up w some local pros!

PS: one of the local pros has a Bob Dylan bday bash annually that started very small and has grown tremendously over the years (http://www.myspace.com/andyandreneebobdylanfest). needless to say this guy (like myself) is a HUGE Dylan fan. i'll never forget him telling me about his continued dream of getting to play alongside his idol. he said the one thing you CAN'T say if asked to play is "what song we gonna play?" funny that's exactly what i asked 1st time they asked ME to play! 8-) the idea is be ready to play ANYTHING cuz you'll kick yourself if you turn the opportunity down for fear you can't do it, won't know the song, etc.

AndyT

Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:52 am

6stringbostic wrote:
He said the one thing you CAN'T say if asked to play is "what song we gonna play?" funny that's exactly what i asked 1st time they asked ME to play! 8-) the idea is be ready to play ANYTHING cuz you'll kick yourself if you turn the opportunity down for fear you can't do it, won't know the song, etc.
That is a very sweet bit of advice. Thanks 6!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic