Windy and Warm Performance

ffsooo3

Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:33 pm

Boy did he look like we was having a blast? Also, check out the left hand spread between 04:45 and 05:00.

BigBear

Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:46 pm

Daryl- that guy is obnoxiously talented!! Sheesh, I'm dying on this song and he makes it look like "Mary Had a Little Lamb"!!! There is simply no justice in this world. There are those who can play the guitar and then there are the rest of us.

Thanks for giving me another reason to play the kazoo instead of the guitar! :cheer:

ffsooo3

Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:06 pm

BigBear wrote:
Daryl- that guy is obnoxiously talented!! Sheesh, I'm dying on this song and he makes it look like "Mary Had a Little Lamb"!!! There is simply no justice in this world. There are those who can play the guitar and then there are the rest of us.

Thanks for giving me another reason to play the kazoo instead of the guitar! :cheer:
No no no. You've got it all wrong. Tommy is the inspiration. He shows you what is possible....not impossible.

haoli25

Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:48 pm

Thanks for posting this, Daryl. Tommy is the source of endless fascination for me. He can effortlessly perform guitar magic that I would have thought to be impossible for any human. In my book, Tommy has no peer.

Bill Image

BigBear

Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:29 pm

haoli25 wrote:
Thanks for posting this, Daryl. Tommy is the source of endless fascination for me. He can effortlessly perform guitar magic that I would have thought to be impossible for any human. In my book, Tommy has no peer.

Bill

We should ask Neil. I don't think he does have any peers. Maybe Renbourne, Fahey, Jansch, Howe? Lots of guys are great in their own style but Emmanuel doesn't really have a style; he can play anything. If he does have any peers, the list is darned small!!

Daryl, I know he should be an inspiration but at my age I'd have to live another 300 years just be good enough to carry his guitar around for him! lol! :laugh:

Chasplaya

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:48 pm

He's just the same as me ... he can't play a tune all the way through he just plays bits of them lol!!! :P

He is an amazing man, Victor Borge of guitar and some!! I never tire of watching him play.

willem

Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:46 pm

ffsooo3 wrote:
BigBear wrote:

No no no. You've got it all wrong. Tommy is the inspiration. He shows you what is possible....not impossible.

Yeah and it was all his warming up..

dennisg

Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:02 pm

I absolutely love the guy -- for his virtuosity and the sheer joy he gets (and gives) from his guitar playing.

AndyT

Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:35 pm

There are many other great players, but there is only one Tommy. A player without peer.

sbutler

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:03 pm

Ah Heck, thats notin'. I can play that any time.

That is if I can find the link and click the mouse with my good hand.

He is truly one of the musical wonders of this world. I'd feel fortunate to simply be able to see him perform live. But then again, I'd hate for anyone to see me crying like a baby when I walked out of the auditorium.

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic