Wolfgang's Vault

Hydroman52

Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:23 am

I’m sure that many here have heard of Wolfgang’s Vault, but for those who haven’t, it is well worth your time if you like to listen to live concerts. I have been following it since, possibly, the first day that it came out a number of years ago. It had been touch and go for a while, and I didn’t know if they would be around from one week to the next. It seems like they have gotten on the right track, and I am pleased that it looks like they will be around for a while. Have I used the word AMAZING, yet? Okay, here is the link if you don't already have it:

Wolfgang's Vault

Honestly, this takes me back to my high school days when I would stay up late and watch Don Kirshner’s Rock Concert. I promise I won't get all teary eyed on you here, but it can be one of those experiences. They have an incredible list of great classic rock concerts that you can stream for free (the perfect price). They sell old concert memorabilia (posters, tickets, etc.) so that may be how they make some of their money. Also, you can buy and download concert recordings and upgrade to some sort of deluxe membership. You can sign up for free and I think you can stream almost anything without paying a dime (free). I don’t know where they keep digging up this stuff, but check out a list of what they added just last week:

Performer Date Venue Title Length Download

Bob Dylan & The Band Feb 11, 1974 Late Show Oakland Coliseum Stadium CONCERT 2:00:59

Brass Bed Aug 27, 2010 Daytrotter Studio CONCERT 18:30 Free

The Del McCoury Band Aug 23, 2010 Daytrotter Studio CONCERT 16:10 Free

The Depreciation Guild Aug 24, 2010 Big Orange Studios CONCERT 9:33 Free

The Devil Makes Three Aug 22, 2010 Daytrotter Studio CONCERT 16:42 Free

The Grass Roots Oct 5, 1967 Early Show Fillmore Auditorium CONCERT 26:32

The Grass Roots Oct 5, 1967 Late Show Fillmore Auditorium CONCERT 25:42

The Heligoats Aug 28, 2010 Daytrotter Studio CONCERT 13:50 Free

Joe Cocker & The Grease Band Oct 19, 1969 Fillmore West CONCERT 38:51

Lionel Hampton & His Orchestra Jul 5, 1972 Philharmonic Hall CONCERT 1:18:59 Buy

Paper Bird Aug 25, 2010 Daytrotter Studio CONCERT 17:05 Free

Ruth Brisbane Jul 3, 1972 Carnegie Hall CONCERT 30:05 Buy

Still Flyin Aug 26, 2010 Daytrotter Studio CONCERT 15:25 Free

I'm listening to the Dylan concert listed above as I am writing this (two hours of music). They have been doing this for years and there are hundreds (maybe thousands) of big name concerts. If you don't believe me, check it out here:

Wolfgang's Artist List

. . . . scroll down the list of artists and click on one to go to a list of concerts and songs. Whoa MAN! You're gonna be here a while! Another cool thing is that they don't just have the stuff for us old fogies. They are also hooked into another site called Daytrotter for mini-in-studio-and-other-venue-performances that are happening every day . . . maybe as I am writing this. How did they do all this you ask? Here's a link that will help explain it all:

Wolfgang's Press clippings and other virtual ephemera

There was just a discussion on TG about what concerts that you have seen. Chances are that you may find a bunch of them here that you attended and relive them . . . . unless, of course, it was a bad experience. Then you might not want to go there. But, seriously, check it out.

Hydroman52

willem

Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:02 am

Hydroman,, i login and it was great,,i listen to James Taylor ''baby it's cold outside..and download a poster from Dylan,,,well a litlle one,,thanks Image

dennisg

Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:46 am

Hydro,

Thanks for the great info. I'll check it out this weekend.

jayswett

Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:41 am

I have heard of this but never looked into it. Thanks for the reminder. I will check it out today.

RicksPick

Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:03 am

Thanks for the link

Listening to Muddy Waters at mo

RicksPick

cosmicmechanic

Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:08 pm

Much appreciated, looks like endless fun there.

tovo

Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:05 pm

Great link, thanks for putting it up.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic