The 'Gentle Giant' of Country Music

wiley

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:51 am

Remember the threads on 'why we recognize certain songs', or the ones about 'If we could form our own band' threads?

Well, to start out, this guy was one of my Dad's favorites, I grew up in my teenage years, listening to him. Not only because of my Dad, but because no one else sounds like him.

As for 'my own band' this is the guy I would have singing, no doubt. Singer/Songwriter, 42 of his 46 singles hit the top 10, 17 went to #1. He was inducted this year into the 'Country Music Hall of Fame'. He started his 'solo' career in 1971, and at the age of 71 and supposedly retired in '06, he still performs.

Here's one we should all recognize;

How many times have I thought about, sang, and been inspired by this;

For any of you in the North Central Texas or Southern Oklahoma area, October 1st. - I'll be in Section B, row 24, seat 3 at Choctaw.

dekotaj

Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:37 am

Hey Willy,

Enjoy the show I'm sure it will be a great one.Not going to be in Texas,but if I was I would stop at Section B, row 24, seat 3 and say Hello.Would be nice to stop at the watering hole for a couple of beers(on me)and we could tell fish story's.The man dose have a voices like no other.Have fun Willy.

Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic