Mark Knopfler In Tears???? (I wanted to share this.)

6stringbostic

Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:02 am

Thought some of you on here might appreciate this video. I used to do a cover of this but don't see how anything I could do would do this song and this performance in particular justice! Enjoy. (...and look closely at about 3:30)

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:08 am

Obviously there's a story behind that song! Great performance.

heatndude

Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:47 am

Thats a great performance ! In my opinion anyway. So if you have a cover for thisI would live to see it

willem

Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:54 am

I know this feeling, i did ones a song and was so deep in it,almost the end i got to swallow and there came nothing more out of my throat,,

haoli25

Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:36 pm

Nice find. I have always liked to watch Mark perform.

About the song....... Some pain lasts.

This song was inspired by Mark Knopfler's broken romance with Holly Vincent, who was the leader of the band Holly And The Italians. Some of the lyrics indicate that Knopfler felt she used him to boost her career.
The line, "Now you just say, oh Romeo, yeah, you know I used to have a scene with him," came from an interview where Holly Vincent was quoted as saying: "What happened was that I had a scene with Mark Knopfler and it got to the point where he couldn't handle it and we split up."

Bill

6stringbostic

Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:03 pm

wow thanks for the added background info bill! one of the reasons i really like to sing songs is because of the ever-changing series of past emotions, events, etc., that tend to come to mind when i sing particular songs. i think this is what makes a truly good performance - not just hitting the right notes, pitches, chords, riffs, etc., but really FEELING the music. THAT is what i enjoy doing and that is what people enjoying watching and sharing with the performer. 8-)

cheers, 6

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic