What's your favorite Beatles tune?

lueders

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:17 pm

Cool thread tony! Way too hard to pick, but I I would have to say...
1.) Eleanor Rigby ( wearing the face that see keeps in a jar by the door...what a great line)
2.) Rocky Raccoon (pure whimsy & fun)
3.) When I'm 64 (doesn't sound like anything else in their catalog and it is absolute genius)

You know you could almost have a thread about who was the better songwriter within the
Lennon Mcartney rivalry. That might be interesting?

mcfingers

Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:43 pm

Wow! I have been working on polishing up a bunch of Beatles tunes these last few weeks. How timely is your question. AND it is like having to choose between your wife and your child during a disaster. I just can't do it. But since my wife and daughter are both safe and sound I guess I would have to go with, 8 Days A Week Yesterday You Won't See Me Because I've Just Seen A Face And I Love Her. Wait, Do You Want To Know A Secret When I'm Sixty Four You Won't See Me. I Feel Fine..... Thanks

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:15 am

...a chauffeur who complained that he had been working "8 days a week". When he got to John's place, John quickly thought up the line "Oh I need your love babe"...and another hit was born. Easy eh!
...and as I was only small at the time I thought the the line 8 days a week was "ain't they Louise"... thought that for years...

Favourite Beatles song? This can only be answered in the same way you'd answer "what's the sound of one hand clapping?"... instantly or pondered over for days. I tried stalling with the Rutles but to come up with a real answer...ouch! (oh, that was another Rutles song!). George Martin has said that he felt Come Together was the Beatles best performance as artists where they were all on the top of their game and I love this song too. But it's the sheer energy of the Beatles early songs that knocked your socks of in the mid 60s so I'm going for A HARD DAY'S NIGHT! Amphetamine driven manic mania!

abiliog

Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:12 am

Well, I've always loved this one

Abílio

Yamaha48

Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:38 pm

My oh my, you've got some gréat songs on your channel! Watching the Paul video's made me go emotional, the Beatles were so all over my childhood, thanks!

ffsooo3 wrote:
Sorry, I've changed my mind again. It's got to be this one! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ffsooo3?fea ... -53leNAh30

ffsooo3

Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:41 pm

Vanessa, Thanks. I agree. Whenever I play those "favorite"' clips of that McCartney concert I'm bouncing off the walls there's just so much energy in those songs (and in the audience). Talk about great songs!

tom18

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Tony,
I think I have to agree with Neil on this one; "A Day in The Life" has always resonated in me. Not their catchiest tune but it's like a little opera in 5 minutes. Not an easy thing to pull off. And thanks to that tune we now know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall....
Tom

jcrocket

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:04 am

Wow, such a simple question, yet so tough to answer.

There's so many Beatles songs that are on my favorites list, but the one that always seems to set itself apart in my mind is A Day In The Life. As great as the song is by itself, the way it finishes arguably the greatest album of all time, just never gets old - that fade-in from the Sgt. Pepper Reprise still gives me chills every time I listen to it.

On a related topic, rumor has it that the entire Beatles catalog will be available on iTunes starting later today. Looks like I'm about to go bankrupt in $1.29 increments.

Jeff

MarkM

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:16 pm

Flew across country today and had a ton of Ipod time. So today my favorite Beatles song is "I've got a feeling". Awesome song.

MarkM

carpet

Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:58 pm

Wow wow wowza, wot a question.

I think, the Beatles have a song for whatever mood you're feeling so it's so hard to pick one defining favourite.

Particular favourites of mine are 'Old Brown Shoe' , 'Rain' , 'Tomorrow Never Knows' and 'I'm Only Sleeping', but there's so much more...

a reminder.... Harrison at his Beatles best

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic