What's your favorite Beatles tune?

Lavallee

Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:36 am

Yep, the first one that pops up is like yours Tony, The long and winding road, what a beautiful song!

But like everyone else, it's almost impossible to name just one, but the ones that I like to pláy and sing (that's something else then listening to it!) is' I should have known better' and 'If I fell'...But also, No reply, I call your name, I'll follow the sun, Eleanor Rigby, Golden Slumbers, Things we said today, Strawberry Fields.....oh gosh I'm cheating as well :ohmy: and I've just started! :P

They've been my favorite band like forever!

schm040

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:03 am

Happiness Is A Warm Gun...................For me, John's voice is no more chilling and clear than when he sings "Happiness is a warm.....yes it is.......guuuuuuuun.........."

That's my current favorite.

Lavallee

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:55 am

My preferred song is Come together. I always loved the bass line , the quiet guitar distortion, the simple lead , and the overall sulfurous feeling of the song.

Marc

haoli25

Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:32 am

Another good thread, Tony. Like most everyone else, I have many Beatles favorites, but these came to mind first;

Bill

ffsooo3

Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:40 am

I'm going to answer this one a little differently as I could NEVER EVER pick out just one Beatle song. So the question I'll answer is "what's your current favorite performance of a Beatle song?"
Of course there are a number of fantastic performances (especially of McCartney's current band) but this one I just love.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ffsooo3?fea ... V18scOsX54

ffsooo3

Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:50 am

No wait. It's got to be this one (especially starting somewhere after the 3:00 minute mark......

http://www.youtube.com/user/ffsooo3?fea ... FddsWq2pDw

ffsooo3

Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:34 am

Sorry, I've changed my mind again. It's got to be this one! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ffsooo3?fea ... -53leNAh30

stratman3

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:04 am

Tony,

GREAT question , but I have no idea on how to respond to this one. There is just way too many great and wonderful songs, because each album they were at a different point in their artistic development. So I guess I would have to say what album and that's even hard.

So not necessary in this order: Rubber Soul, Revelover, Sgt Pepper, Abby Road, Help, A Hard Days night, Meet the Beatles.

Gary B)

MarkM

Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:27 am

Great topic Tony. Way too tough to pick one as it chages with the mood I'm in. I would have to agree with Neil in that "A Day in the Life" is probably my all time favorite. However the next song that comes to mind is "Hey Bulldog". Why? I'm not so sure but I've always liked it. Just 4 guys having a blast recording it when maybe at the time they weren't on such friendly terms. This song always makes me smile.

MarkM

Hydroman52

Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:37 am

Tony,

You have asked a daunting question. There is a huge morass of great Beatles tunes. Like so many others here, it's much too difficult to answer. A person would have to be in a coma not to like one more than another. I would guess I am like ffsooo3 and have to say that it changes from moment to moment. Whatever song I am listening to would be my favorite.

So, the answer to your question is actually quite simple . . . . . . you pick one, and that will be my favorite . . . . for the moment . . . . .

Sorry I have to dodge out like that, but, if I ponder it any more, my brain may lock up.

Hydroman52

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic