What's your favorite Beatles tune?

tovo

Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:40 pm

I confess I am having a bit of a Beetles weekend, watching clips from the famous arrival in the USA and Australia in 1963 and 64 respectively. What heady times they must have been! Then I've been watching some interviews and ultimately clips about John's ghastly murder. Not so enjoyable.

Anyway, it made me think, of the myriad choices...what's you favorite Beatles tune? I know it's a damn near impossible question....but pick one!

For me....."The Long and Winding Road"

Hey I'm right....it's a near impossible question!

sbutler

Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:50 pm

How about "Get Back" ?\

Don't really know why that was the very first song of there's that popped in my head.

But there ya go.

scott

Chasplaya

Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:11 am

This is always one of the first Beatles songs that comes to my mind:

sbutler

Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:19 am

Yeah, that one too!

Scott

TGNeil

Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:20 am

Tony,

Great thread, once again. Before I could really engage brain the tune that popped in was A Day In The Life. I might have to reconsider with a bit more time but just thought I'd throw that into the mix.

Neil

cosmicmechanic

Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:42 am

At the moment I feel inspired to answer my present favorite lesser-known Beatles song:

"You Know My Name - Look Up The Number"

pbraun

Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:00 am

For me I could never answer with just one, just too many. I have different ones for different ways I am feeling. The Long And Winding Road always jumps up first, but...then again...
If I fell
Something
In My Life
Help
Here Comes The Sun
it is really endless, so no one answer for me
Pete

willem

Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:02 am

It is impossible;the first time i heard ''blackbird'' played by a friend i was impressed and thought to learn playing guitar,,,it was really the first song where i began to wonder about the Beatles,,time before that i only listen to them when it was on the the radio or something,,never had one single,,it was more my brother who was fan, he is 6 years older then me,,the second song was'' Norwegian wood'''and i love that sound,,the intrest came more and more and i'm glad there are many songs/lesson here,,,

One of my favo's is really ''with a litlle help from my friends'' and a other one is ''Michelle(my belle)''

When i look to the lessons then i remember many songs,,the one Chas was calling i thouhgt OH Yeah,i remember ..

So it is impossible, they have great music that i discover now on my age of 57..

Great thread Tony and i subscribed too to it..

tovo

Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:09 am

pbraun wrote:
For me I could never answer with just one, just too many. I have different ones for different ways I am feeling. The Long And Winding Road always jumps up first, but...then again...
If I fell
Something
In My Life
Help
Here Comes The Sun
it is really endless, so no one answer for me
Pete
Whoa Pete that's cheating mate! :)

Perhaps I could redefine the question to be as Pierre put it...what is you present favorite?

Some nice answers so far...good to see some of the slightly less mainstream tunes coming out as favorites. Chas man, what's the USSR??? I'm MUCH younger than you!

schm040

Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:33 am

Happiness Is A Warm Gun...................For me, John's voice is no more chilling and clear than when he sings "Happiness is a warm.....yes it is.......guuuuuuuun.........."

That's my current favorite.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic