Favorite Album?

Rbinding

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:40 am

Haha, yep, the 5/8! I used to drum along with this album, had no idea of 5/8 :unsure: , but did get the feel and played it anyway.. much múch later, when I learned about 5/8, I thought, 'oh thát's why it felt a bit weird'! :lol: But as a kid you just don't think, you just play, but it is funny though!
michelew wrote:

Although I had to smile when Ness said Jesus Christ Super star. Gosh take me back to the late '70's. JCS was really big in the early 70s in Australia and mum had the album to the Aussie production I think (which had some big Aussie pop names in it). From memory I got into it a little later in early high school, but I remember coming home from school and playing it in my room on my little turn-table (you know those things that had a stylus) and playing it over and over again. Even now my head breaks into "Everything's Alright' for no apparent reason from time to time. Maybe it's the unusual 5/8 signature.

M.

willem

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:05 pm

I think it is like choose beatles songs,,,but i loOked a bit to my dvd's and yes it is CCR cos that one i put emmadiately in the player and enjoyed it again especcialy the very long jam SUSY Q..

The dvd is called John Fogerty in concert,the long way home

jimcjimc

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:39 pm

This one is hard. Easy picks for me would be Astral Weeks or Blonde on Blonde - but, for something different, here is an instrumental album I really like the sound of:

BigBear

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:07 pm

Tony- you are really impossible!!

Okay, I've got a three-way tie (I know, I'm cheating).

Thick as a Brick- Jethro Tull 1972 (still the best concept album of all time)

Turn of the Cards- Renaissance (for Black Flame and Mother Russia) 1974. Ashes are Burning is just as good.

The Turn of a Friendly Card- Alan Parsons Project 1980 (Alan Parsons and Eric Woolfson were just brilliant)

Okay, one more Déjà Vu C,S N & Y 1970 (what more can you say? Simply the best acoustic music of all time!)

:cheer:

p.s. looking at this list it struck me that most of my favorite music is all from British artisits. I also was going to add The Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Yes and Camel. All British! Weird! Must be a progressive rock thing.

BobR

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:00 pm

Tony

I will follow the rules :P one album that is

Tommy - The Who

Released 23 May 1969
Recorded 19 September 1968 – 7 March 1969, IBC Studios, London
Genre Rock
Length 74:00
Language English

I remember listening to it over and over with headphones because my folks didn't like it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic