Favorite movie soundtrack

jimcjimc

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:56 am

The Cat Stevens busking reminded me of something, so let me try starting a "Tovo" thread.

What's your favorite movie soundtrack or movie that featured a lot of music?

I'll start by breaking the rules and giving 3 of mine:

1) Harold & Maude with all of the great Cat Stevens Songs

2) McCabe & Mrs Miller - a favorite movie of mine that introduced me to Leonard Cohen's music

3)The Strawberry Statement - Thunderclap Newman and others

ffsooo3

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:06 pm

I guess for me it would have to be "A Hard Day's Night".

reiver

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:08 pm

Hmmmm......interesting. Without giving it too much thought and since you already broke the rules;

1. The Graduate (Simon and Garfunkel)

2. Into the Wild (Eddie Vedder)

3. Jungle Book (Various) - I wasn't always this age!!

Honourable mention for Crazy Heart.......

Stuart

edit: Thank you all for being too polite to point out my stupidity in calling The Graduate "Mrs Robinson". Obviously I should have given it slightly more thought!!!

ozarkboy2

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:18 pm

The movie "Teachers", Bob Segar didLike A Rock!

willem

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:39 pm

Now whó is responsible for this impossible question?? :P

Hmmmmm.....no doubt (sure they're musicals originally, but still they are movies with a soundtrack as well..or doesn't that count?):

-West Side Story Watched/listened to it as a little kid, millions of times and later as well, like the one mentioned below, I just lóve the arrangements, the vocals, all the orchestra-stuff...the story...everything!

-Jesus Christ Superstar...same goes for this one, listened to the album over and over and óver (saw the movie not until I was grown though, mán I was só dissapointed, haha!), because of the things mentioned above, (except for the story, well not all of it..)

Wow I managed to keep it to two soundtracks, cause there is also.....aaaaarggh....no control yourself! :laugh:

tovo

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:42 pm

No doubt for me:

Pulp Fiction Soundtrack. Full of classics.

RicksPick

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:29 pm

Apocalypse Now
or
Full Metal Jacket
or
Platoon

bit of a theme here lol

so I also say

Stand by Me. sweet funny film

RicksPick

P.s , O'Brother where art thow?

dieguy

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:53 pm

I am thinking along the same lines as Tony with a Tarantino movie. His movies all have such great soundtracks. "Pulp Fiction" is my favorite movie od all time but my favorite soundtrack has to be "Reservoir Dogs". It includes "Stuck in the middle" by Steelers wheels and "Coconut" by Nillson. It also includes many excerpts from the actual movie and a cool DJ introduction to many of the songs. If you haven't heard it is a must have but beware it does have some bad language and questionable references much like the movie. Not a good one to be listening to while driving the kids to school :S

sbutler

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:56 pm

I didn't mention Kenny Loggins the other day when asked about groups or singers that influenced, but he was up there for me, and when the movie TOP GUN came out, with that killer song "Danger Zone" I really liked it.

Not necessarily a classic, but a real toe tappin Rocker.

Scott

dennisg

Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:31 pm

1. West Side Story
2. The Big Chill
3. Pulp Fiction

I give West Side Story the nod because all the songs were written specifically for the stage production. While the other two movies have great music in them, they just chose songs that had already been recorded.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic