>> Guest Reporter Jim B on Edgar Cruz and Bohemian Rhapsody

TGMatt

Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:41 pm

Today we bring you a new guest reporter post from one of our members and supporters Jim B..

(If you would like to contribute an article, video etc, to TG for this column please Private message me..Thx Jim B for creating this to share with everyone )

In this episode he shares a story on Edgar Cruz and Bohemian Rhapsody...

Hope you enjoy this

Again a huge thx to Jim who has been a great cheerleader over here at TG..

Over to you Jim

Hello TG friends,

I want to share with you an experience I had recently. About a year ago, I was browsing YouTube for guitar lessons. Thats how I found TG, but thats another story. I watched a guitarist play "Bohemian Rhapsody" on a classical guitar. His name is Edgar Cruz, I checked out his web site and noted he was coming to Kearney, Nebraska in January 2011.

January 21st arrived with the sun shinning and the air cold and crisp. The weatherman said a winter snowstorm was expected to pass through Nebraska that evening. The concert was scheduled to start at 7:30PM. I said "damn the storm, I'm going" I told the wife and she said stay overnight if you must. I arrived early at the Merryman Performing Arts Center.

The Center is a remodeled gymnasium of an elementary school. People started entering the school so I followed with my Flip Ultra HD Video camera in hand. As I walked through the doors I see Edgar Cruz standing behind a table of CDs. I took the opportunity and started to talk with him and then asked if I could shoot some pictures to show my guitar playing friends.

He asked his stage crewman to run the camera and the rest is history . My apologies for the loud background noise during the shoot this was so spontaneous and unscripted. The show lasted 3 hours, ending at 10:30PM. I headed back to Lincoln and met up with the storm. The interstate highway was a bit slick, I had a couple of "Oh Sheet" moments. Several 18 wheelers and cars were in the ditch but i made it back to Lincoln by 1:30AM.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/guestrepo ... -pt-1.html

From TARGET Member Jim B.

. Image

willem

Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:04 pm

Jim,,thanks ,,this was way to go,,,you told me this was coming and i was looking forward to it and enjoyed it very much,,when i understand it right there are more parts coming???

Lavallee

Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:20 pm

Hi Jim, thanks for taking the time to bring us Edgar's talent. Looks like an excellent show. Glad you made it home.

Marc

Music Junkie

Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:43 pm

Hey Jim. Looks like it was a great show. 3 hrs is a long time. Glad you did not end up in the itch with the other cars.... :P :P

Talk to you soon.

J

jim56

Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:57 pm

willem wrote:
Jim,,thanks ,,this was way to go,,,you told me this was coming and i was looking forward to it and enjoyed it very much,,when i understand it right there are more parts coming???
Hi Willem,

I uploaded several recordings and left it up to TGMike and company to pick and choose. Maybe latter, its up to them.

Jim

tovo

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:06 pm

Hey Jim that was really cool mate I enjoyed that sneak peak very much. Man that guy has some talent and I bet his show was really very enjoyable in its entirety. I suspect there are a few more parts to come? Look forward to that. Thanks very much for making the effort to put this together.

jim56

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:07 pm

Lavallee wrote:
Hi Jim, thanks for taking the time to bring us Edgar's talent. Looks like an excellent show. Glad you made it home.

Marc
Thanks Marc,

It was worth the 3 hour drive home at 35mph to see him live. His good friend Antsy McClain played with him which was very entertaining.

Jim

TGMatt

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:08 pm

jim56 wrote:
willem wrote:
Hi Willem,

I uploaded several recordings and left it up to TGMike and company to pick and choose. Maybe latter, its up to them.

Jim
I will get them all up in good time

Thx again Jim

jim56

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:17 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Hey Jim. Looks like it was a great show. 3 hrs is a long time. Glad you did not end up in the itch with the other cars.... :P :P

Talk to you soon.

J
Hi J

3 hours is long but there was an intermission provided with cookies and coffee, yum. Thought I was heading for the ditch once, lol.
My hands were very tired after driving 3 hours using a death grip on the steering wheel. :P

Jim

jim56

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:22 pm

tovo wrote:
Hey Jim that was really cool mate I enjoyed that sneak peak very much. Man that guy has some talent and I bet his show was really very enjoyable in its entirety. I suspect there are a few more parts to come? Look forward to that. Thanks very much for making the effort to put this together.
Hi Tony,

He sure is talented. Wish I could have spent more time with him for questions but I was lucky to get what face time I got, he was very busy at intermission and end of concert selling and signing his CD's. I went to this show with the intent of recording for uploading here.

Jim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic