Show me a band I don't know

Music Junkie

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:05 am

A couple more that come across on the Pandora Station that have caught my ear of late......

Mute Math - "You are Mine"

Maritime - "Tearing Up the Oxygen"

MJ

unclewalt

Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:57 pm

A nice acoustic solo performance (nylon strings!) of maybe the most quintessentially 90s song by a quintessentially 90s band. Interview: "Does this song mean anything?" "Oh, man, um.....no."

http://www.avclub.com/articles/eric-bac ... per,65863/

Here's the original:

ncsurfer

Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:48 pm

A band I used to listen to but got distracted by so much other music over the years...started to listen again.

I'm hearing so much more in the music, any music for that matter, than I used to. Thanks Neil!

[video][/video]

Music Junkie

Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:05 pm

ncsurfer wrote:
A band I used to listen to but got distracted by so much other music over the years...started to listen again.

I'm hearing so much more in the music, any music for that matter, than I used to. Thanks Neil!

[video][/video]
Great band. Suzi (at least I think it was Suzi) turned me on to them a while back. Nice sound.

I know what you mean about hearing more in the music these days. I have gained a whole new respect for many bands I did not like or listen too much after learning to play a bit more. Good stuff.... B)

MJ

Music Junkie

Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:12 pm

This guy happened to show up on my Pandora channel today, and I must have missed the boat on him in the past. I went back and listened to a bunch of his stuff, and was very happy to have found his work. I really did enjoy it. Many of you probably already know of him, but thought I would share anyway.

Don Ross: "Berkley Springs"

MJ

dekotaj

Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:11 pm

MJ, Yes great stuff.He has done some songs with Andy McKee and others.Outstanding player!!

Kev

Music Junkie

Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:42 pm

I think Tony said he liked Minus the Bear way back in this thread.... I thought I would mention these. I am a big fan and enjoyed the whole acoustic album... B)

Maybe somebody else will like these too.... B)

tovo

Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:12 am

Hey MJ. Finally got around to listening to the Minus the Bear tunes you posted and enjoyed them very much. Hopefully others did as well. Thanks mate!

Music Junkie

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:45 am

tovo wrote:
Hey MJ. Finally got around to listening to the Minus the Bear tunes you posted and enjoyed them very much. Hopefully others did as well. Thanks mate!
Glad you liked them. They played locally a few months back, but I missed them, as I had other obligations. My oldest son really likes them too, and wanted to go. We are keeping an eye out for a future show... :)

martinibates

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:21 am

[video][/video]

Hope this works - a blues rock band from the Isle of Man in the UK - recommended

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic