Show me a band I don't know

cosmicmechanic

Wed May 01, 2013 10:10 pm

lueders wrote:
... btw CHECK THESE GUYS OUT TOO...just case you've never heard of'em...
Cori, thanks for these fun videos ... I wasn't aware how adaptable the Bluegrass virus is :side:

Now, I've got to back off and be more discriminating ... I want to keep enjoying Bluegrass and not associate it with parody !

Pierre

Music Junkie

Fri May 24, 2013 11:32 pm

I apologize up front if this guy has been posted already.

I watched a Sessions episode tonight with this guy. and really enjoyed all his music. His name is Frank Turner. Used to in a punk bad, and now does more folk style.

Jason

cosmicmechanic

Mon May 27, 2013 10:30 pm

I just came across Thomas Leeb's instrumental version of "Comfortably Numb" and liked the way unusual camera angles are used.

The resulting video is very pretty, I think it conveys a feeling of weightlessness.

Now I'm curious about his other material ... interesting guitarist !

cosmicmechanic

Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:17 am

I just had a look at the recent "Song Selections" thread ... it started out about a country song request and evolved into a great discussion and demos for working out songs.

I haven't yet had time to explore all that info ... thanks to all who contributed ... made me want to highlight a new country song I recently fell in love with ... the vocals are amazing, I think.

Pierre

cosmicmechanic

Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:55 am

Hi all,

Here's maybe some inspiration to you ... a band called "The Growlers".

I just recently got onto them, and found that they already have a lot of material out there ... surprise !

I find that they make great (and original) use of at least two major influences ... anyone have a take on which? Tastes like chicken?

Bet they make it really big. If you don't get it, maybe try upping the volume :)

One Million Lovers

Pretend I'm Gay

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic