Get Low

neohlogix

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:51 pm

A TWOCAT MOVIE REVIEW................

Just saw the greatest movie. GET LOW starring Robert Duvall, Sissy Spacek and Bill Murray. The story and acting alone make this rental a four-star affair, but all through it there is simply beautiful finger picking. First I thought it was Allison Krauss and Union Station. Then I thought it was Ray Wylie Hubbard as the bass sounded much like some of his stuff. Then came the piano and back to the guitar.

At the end there was a woman singing and again I thought Allison Krauss, but the woman's name is Jan A. P. Kaczmarek. They listed no other musicians but there was violin and guitar together so there had to be others. I don't know if she was the guitarist, but she was listed as the one behind the music.

Marcia and I see about one movie a week and this ranks as one of the top movies I've even see. If you get a hankerin' for some top-notch acting and sweet finger pickin', you might drop a few skins to rent this jewel.

Anyone ever heard of this woman? I Googled her: http://www.jan-ap-kaczmarek.com/

TwoCat

EDIT: Well, the "woman" is a man! Should have read before I wrote, but got too excited! Click the link for trailers with a sampling of the guitar work----if you wish.

lueders

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:10 pm

I wholeheartedly concur Sam! It was an excellent movie. I was anxiously awaiting its release on DVD for a long time...because I saw the preview for it way back. There wasn't enough time for me to get to the theatre before it was gone. Isn't that just the way too. Lol! They'll play some mindless, mass-consumption, big-budget special- effect flick for a month & a half. But a truly original, well-told story with great writing comes along and you're lucky if it is showing two weekends in a row.

Yeah, I thought it was great! Robert Duvall is always brilliant. I think he might the best actor that ever lived.

tovo

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:31 am

It sure does look an interesting movie from the trailer. I'll take the opportunity to see it I think. Thanks for the tip Sam.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic