Who are your favourite artists from THIS century?

willem

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:38 am

michelew wrote:
'Lost' and 'Sacrifice' are definitely 2 of my favourites of her songs. Willem I think you may need to start a new busking thread. It seems only fitting that a Dutchie puts it up.

i add one more vid above

i would love to busk Anouk ,,i love the guitar and the singin...

willem

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:46 am

some times i love (like) Ilse de Lange...well i like her new single..

willem

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:55 am

and this single by KANE..

WOW THAT LAST LINE!!!!

Hydroman52

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:58 am

Letting us ponder again Shel! ;)

Well in this case you already mentioned some of my musical discoveries, The Decemberists are definitely my lastest discovery thanks to Suzi and Stuart, have been caught up by them ever since!

And gosh, Anouk, súch a fantastic vocalist, definitely my favourite dutch singer, she néver sings in dutch though, but she has some really really great tunes, she looks great and she performs great, she absolutely ROCKS! but this is her as well: Well I think Willem has posted those already, but whatever! ;)

Adele, yep Lisa got my attention for her again, awesome vocalist and really beautiful songs!

However, from this century and also from my country 'Racoon' is definitely another discovery, great band, great songs, great lyrics. They released their first album in 2000 and I've been collecting all the following albums as well. I have no idea wich song to post, since there are many great ones.
However, this song is I guess their greatest hit and the one that I uploaded a while ago in the busking section.(the woman in the video was a guest singing along with them) Anyway, besides beautiful ballads, they have a lot of rock-tunes as well!

Ness

TGCheryle

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:02 am

Ilse de Lange!

Well this is my absolute favourite by her, a sad song Shel, prepare! :P But só damn beautiful....hmmm...yeah and sad....sorry! ;)

michelew

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:05 am

Thanks Nessa, all great songs and artists indeed. :)

It seems the Dutch artists are ruling at the moment. B)

And pondering is good for you. Feel free to return the challenge.I can't promise to be able to reply with an intelligent response, but I'm always up for a challenge.

Shel

michelew

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:19 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Ilse de Lange!

Well this is my absolute favourite by her, a sad song Shel, prepare! :P But só damn beautiful....hmmm...yeah and sad....sorry! ;)

Nessa,

Well you snuck in with this one while I was replying to your previous post. I have to agree, it's a beautiful sad song and she has a great voice.

I've been meaning to check out more Raccoon too. Thanks for the reminder. B)

Sweet!

Shel

michelew

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:19 am

I would love so as well, but there is always óne part in her songs that I'm like....'uh, the singing is way over my head, uh voice' haha! :P

willem wrote:

michelew

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:22 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
I would love so as well, but there is always óne part in her songs that I'm like....'uh, the singing is way over my head, uh voice' haha! :P

willem wrote:

Ahhh... so I'm not the only chicken.

You've got to know your limitations. And then sometimes you've got to do it anyway... like singing on camera.

Haha.

:P
Shel

willem

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:25 am

nesh16041972 wrote:

willem wrote:

I geuss!!! but you did ADELE,,,I'm not saying you could do ANOUK,,,,,Mmmmm then we alll say..GLAD YOUR BACK ,WE MISSED YOU!!! REALLY !!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic