Peter Katz.. to play at my friend's house!!

AcousticAl

Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:08 pm

So you've heard me speak of Peter Katz in other threads. Helen and I have covered and uploaded a few of his songs on TG as well..

It turns out that our friends have set up a private concert with him AT THEIR HOUSE!! There will be about 30 of us in attendance to hear an evening of his singing and playing. As you can imagine, we're really stoked about this. Will let you know how cool it was!!

Here's a few of his songs for those who aren't familiar with Peter's music

daryl

Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:15 pm

Talk about an intimate venue! WOW. I assume you'll all have front row seats. :woohoo:

lueders

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:03 pm

Al,

When I first listened to this "kat" (pun intended)...I thought, I dunno about this Duncan Sheik-sounding stuff. But by the time I heard the last video I was a fan!
This is one of those artists that may kind of an acquired taste but once you do...you're really hooked on it.

That's great your friends were able to swing that show! Have a good time, dude! How bout some on the ground reporting?

b.t.w. Was he the one that wrote the song about Matthew Shepard?

wammer

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:23 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
LUCKY

BobR

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:27 pm

Al,

That's awesome. :woohoo: :woohoo: Sounds like a great time.

Have fun !

Bob

Hydroman52

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:43 pm

Hey Al,

What a great opportunity to rub elbow with a fine singer songwriter. Thanks to Helen and you, I have picked up his First of the Last to Know album. Not only does he have talent, but he also seems to be one heck of a nice person. If by chance you and Helen are invited to join him in a song, don't chicken out. That would be too cool! Photos and videos if you can . . . . . . have fun!

Hydroman52

AcousticAl

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:44 pm

lueders wrote:
Al,

When I first listened to this "kat" (pun intended)...I thought, I dunno about this Duncan Sheik-sounding stuff. But by the time I heard the last video I was a fan!
This is one of those artists that may kind of an acquired taste but once you do...you're really hooked on it.

That's great your friends were able to swing that show! Have a good time, dude! How bout some on the ground reporting?

b.t.w. Was he the one that wrote the song about Matthew Shepard?
His music does grow on you, Cori. And yes, Peter wrote "The Fence" about Matthew Shepard.

AcousticAl

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Hydroman52 wrote:
Hey Al,

What a great opportunity to rub elbow with a fine singer songwriter. Thanks to Helen and you, I have picked up his First of the Last to Know album. Not only does he have talent, but he also seems to be one heck of a nice person. If by chance you and Helen are invited to join him in a song, don't chicken out. That would be too cool! Photos and videos if you can . . . . . . have fun!

Hydroman52
Sorry Hydro. While it's a private concert- it's not free. People are paying to attend. And they ain't payin' to hear me, if you know what I'm sayin' ;)

Hydroman52

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:51 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Sorry Hydro. While it's a private concert- it's not free. People are paying to attend. And they ain't payin' to hear me, if you know what I'm sayin' ;)

Al,

You're too modest. Honestly, I like your version of The Fence better than his. He did acknowledge you doing the cover on his WEB site. So I'm hoping that you and Helen get recognized and dragged up on stage for a number, although, he might be afraid that you'd steal the show . . . . . . . .

Hydroman52

Craig

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:42 pm

Al,
How Cool!! I'm excied for you. It should be awesome. I look forward to your follow up on how it went.
Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic