TOVO Visits Rudy's Music New York

tovo

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:43 pm

Hey guys. This is the last of the videos from me and my trip to the USA and Canada. During some down-time in New York I visited Rudy's Music. Nice store and friendly staff. Noting Dennis' experience in Guitar Center I asked permission to speak to the staff and they were happy for me to do that. I had a good chat with Rob upstairs who was working in the acoustic section and then Sam who showed me an awesome Gibson 335 that tempted me sorely. Sam was really interested in the geography of Australia so sorry a lot of that conversation isn't about guitar!

Matt/Mike, I will upload this video again to the right channel when you give me the word. Cheers guys.

haoli25

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 pm

Nice, friendly shop. How many guitars did you get to play, Tony? Any new dream guitars, other than the Gibson?

Bill

Chasplaya

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:23 am

Nice candy store Tony, so what did you buy ???

tovo

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:41 am

Hey Chas, Bill.

I played all the high end Taylors. No Martins in store but I did end up playing a heap of Martins in another store. Nothing I played was better than my GA for me. I did bring back a little something but I didn't get it at this store. A pic will follow at some point.

jimbo58

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:36 am

Froggy Bottom guitars regularly advertise in Acoustic Guitar Magazine, and they seem to be an unusual shaped guitar according to their adds...( anyway I think it is bad enough to have a froggy throat let alone a froggy bottom).

anyway Tony thanks for the interesting video, I'm from Australia too and I think if I made it to the States I would have to pay for too much excess baggage coming back home if that is a typical American music store.!.

Jim

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:22 am

Nothing's better than carousing nice guitar shops.... except maybe when they are across the other side of the world with lots of lovely models at amazing prices! Nice vid Tony, thanks for taking us along with you.

Music Junkie

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:05 am

Tony:

Cool little clip there. I love visiting guitar shops when I go out of town too. I was hoping you were going to set up the camera and throw down on NW for us... :P

That Gibson was very nice, I can imagine your temptation... :)

Glad you had a nice trip!

MJ

reiver

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:29 pm

The Froggy Bottom website (http://froggybottomguitars.com/ - strangely enough!) is one of my favourite guitar websites. Beautiful looking guitars. Some day..............

Stuart

dennisg

Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:45 pm

Excellent vid, Tony. I've been to NY many times, and I had no idea that store was there. Next time...

BobR

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:35 pm

Hi Tony,

Thanks for sharing your video trip to NY. There's sure plenty there to choose from.

bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic