Anyone seen the Beatles play live?

Hydroman52

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:59 pm

Hey Wrench - Thanks for that additional information. It's hard to understand that magnitude of hype. Guess you just had to be there . . . . . .

Pete - I was able to see the photo that you posted here:

Pete's pride and joy

I'm not exactly sure how to get it to display in the message (can anyone else tell us how to do that???), but at least the link should take others to it. Actually, you did the same thing that I would have done . . . . played it like it was meant to be played. And every pop, scratch, and hiss is one of your memories.

And speaking of pops . . . . . . is this the Pop's kids show that you were talking about?

Pop's Theater WISN TV-12

If this is the show, you might want to scroll down to the middle of the page where you'll see Pop's Storybook Record. Below the records are links that you can click on and listen. Not exactly the Beatles, but it might bring back memories if this is it. I didn't watch this particular one when I was a kid, but other very similar shows. It seems like every TV station had their own version of a cartoon matinee like this.

Thanks for posting,
Hydroman52

willem

Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:48 am

pbraun wrote:
Well I am an idiot on the pc. I still can't put this picture in the message but I did change my profile photo to the picture of the album
Pete
Image Image

Thanks Pete,i see you can be very proud,,

pbraun

Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:51 am

Hydroman-
Yep that is who I was referring to , hard to imagine he has a web site. I'm going to look at that a little closer. As far as the albums go they were all played many many times. I have replaced all on CD now, and a few years ago I bought the 2 box sets that Capital released, those have both stereo and mono and take took me back. But what I;d really want to do is convert the lps to digital but just as they are-that is how I grew up listening the them.

Willem-thanks, how did you do that? I saved the picture in my Kodak program and sent it to my desktop. Using the attach box in the reply section and then try to attach but nothing happens. Share your wisdom! (actually you do that a lot, I just need to know this one too)
Pete

willem

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:24 am

pbraun wrote:
Hydroman-
Yep that is who I was referring to , hard to imagine he has a web site. I'm going to look at that a little closer. As far as the albums go they were all played many many times. I have replaced all on CD now, and a few years ago I bought the 2 box sets that Capital released, those have both stereo and mono and take took me back. But what I;d really want to do is convert the lps to digital but just as they are-that is how I grew up listening the them.

Willem-thanks, how did you do that? I saved the picture in my Kodak program and sent it to my desktop. Using the attach box in the reply section and then try to attach but nothing happens. Share your wisdom! (actually you do that a lot, I just need to know this one too)
Pete

hi Pete,,me too no computer hero but just trying,,i down load the pic from your album(profile) and put it from my computer to here,,maybe TG CHANGED IT TO A GOOD FORMAT..

Chasplaya

Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:35 pm

pbraun wrote:
Well I am an idiot on the pc. I still can't put this picture in the message but I did change my profile photo to the picture of the album
Pete
Pete relatively easy mate. Start/reply to a thread before you press submit check out the 2 boxes:

Select image file to attach
Select file to attach

To the left and above the submit button; use the browse function to find the file you are looking for use insert function on the browser box , you then are back in your original thread and before you submit place your cursor in the txt box then click the button beside the Browse button [img] This then should appear in your txt box no piccie just the marker [img] then press submit if the file is the correct format and size it should then appear voila!

pbraun

Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:54 pm

Thanks Chas, I think I did that but I will try again. I have the file saved as a jpeg, also tried it as paint, both now are low size. Here it goes again-fingers crossed, I know everyone has seen this now but I need to try anyway

pbraun

Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:56 pm

well I'll be da__ed thanks Chas!
Since I am now on a roll here is the photo I tried to send from the James Taylor concert back In May....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic