Al Stewart in Concert

BobR

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:25 pm

My wife and I had an opportunity to go to an Al Stewart Concert tonight in a relatively small venue (about 180 people). We were lucky enough to get front row seats. :woohoo: :woohoo:

The opening act was a local musician and he was really good. Next up was Dave Nachmanoff who did a couple songs. Next up Al and Dave together. Al talked a bit about each song before playing which was cool.

He was playing off a set list on the floor, but said most times he was just winging it. It was really great. Al plays extremely well, but he seems to give the spotlight to Dave quite a bit, and he is fantastic.

They did Year of the Cat, Time Passages, On the Border and many many more I didn't know. All great stuff. Anyway it was a great night out. I only took one video which was their first song. I didn't want to miss a thing.

Bob

Lavallee

Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:15 am

Lucky you Bob, that must have been a great show, I think Dave has played guitar before and learned to dance as well. Maybe a new lesson for TG : movement on stage while doing solos ;)

Thanks for sharing

Marc

dsmarion

Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:09 am

A venue with only a couple hundred people is a great way to see an act. Very nice. I really only know his hits (the ones you mentioned mainly) but he still sounds pretty much the same on vocals as back then. Scituate -- that Mass.?

Scott

Yamaha48

Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:32 pm

Thanks BobR to share this video.
What a good guitar stuf,and dancing by the solo's.
Fot me the first time since years ago to see him.
Litle bit older,but his voice sounds realy good.

cheers......Anton

willem

Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:23 am

HI Bob,,that was great too watch and can imagine you lay the cam a side,,you wanna steel the many riffs he...lol, thanks for sharing.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:52 pm

Now that sounds like my kind of gig. I'd love to see Al Stewart that close up.

BobR

Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:25 am

Hi Scott,

Yes, it is Scituate, Massachusetts about 25 miles south of Boston and only 15 miles from me.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic