>> Live Show CHANGE Open To Everyone!!! Today Noon PST California Time

TGMatt

Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:24 pm

Greetings folks..

Well this week, I am flying from Orlando Florida, Via LA then upto San Jose and Los Gatos to run a live show with Neil..

It has been a while, so folks you gave questions we may have some answers..

IMPORTANT CHANGE 8/20 Location Change Check your link below!!!

To attend without having your usrname show go to :

To attend and chat with your username showing:
1. Go to UStream. http://www.ustream.tv
2. Make an account same as TG username by clicking Sign Up in upper right next to Broadcast Now green button.
3. Go to our Stream Channel.

To update your username once in our room in UStream type /nick username Example: /nick greenplayer. If you are logged into UStream though your username created at UStream should show.

Only TARGET Members may post questions.

We hope to see you all there.

Thanks,
TG Team

So..submit your questions, first in first served...One question per thread...one question per person will be answered first then we will circulate back to members who have asked more than one..fair enough folks ?..

So bring your question tune in and let's go live baby live..

Cheers

Matt

millponddave

Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:28 pm

Cool, I'm looking forward to it.

Dave

thereshopeyet

Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:28 pm

Where do we post questions?

TGMatt

Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:48 pm

Here,,,

thereshopeyet

Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:12 pm

Continuing a forum someone started a topic a while back........

Can Neil discuss why he thinks it best not to have chords above lyrics and
explain what he considers the best approach?

suziko

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:53 am

Hi Neil and Matt,

I am very bothered about something, and I'd rather ask than stay away. It has been clearly pointed out by several students in the 'Lusting for women'-thread, that there is a great need for more songs done by females for very good reasons wich you can read in there as well.

I would really like to know why out of roughly 300 songs, only 16 are songs done by a female? And why not listening to all the feedback and good reasons to change that, that has been brought up in the thread? Yes, there has been one response, but that one was quite dissapointing to me and not just me.

I am very happy about this site, but this really bothers me, so I'd really like to understand. If you could help me understand, I'd appreciate it.

Vanessa

neverfoundthetime

Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:52 pm

Oh man, Neil you have some explaining to do!
And I want to know why the entire collection of Moody Blues songs from Days of Future Past to Sur La Mer is not up there either :P

... just teasing you Vanessa!

suziko

Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:03 pm

Chris,

I'm sure you are teasing, but Vanessa's point is valid and she raises a question that many of us have asked, and not for the first time (I vividly remember this topic coming up about a year and a half ago). There are 6 songs by the Moody Blues alone. That's nearly half as many songs as there are done by ALL women artists! Are the Moody Blues more influential than Joni Mitchell? Than Maybelle Carter? Than Nancy Wilson? Than Bonnie Raitt? Than Ani Difranco? Perhaps you can see why some members would like to see an attempt be made to balance out the scales a bit.

Suzi

P.S. I'm not picking on the Moody Blues. Just using your example to make my point.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:34 pm

Suzi,

Are the Moody Blues more influential than x, y, z ?
Yes, of course! Silly question!

I guess Neil chose the songs he chose (so far) because of his personal tastes and interests and the interests of his students over the past 30 years and also in terms of what the songs yield as learning situations and range of styles and techniques covered. And whoops, there is an imbalance if you now put the spotlight on gender. I'd love some Joni Mitchell, Carole King, Cindy Loper, Jewel, Amy Walker etc. Lovely, and I'm backing up the request.

Could we use some more female site members, sure thing, the more the merrier! I'm a huge TG Bandshee's fan!

I'm just not sure Neil has to report to the principle's office to explain himself. Just add a some Joni, Carole, Cindy and Co. and away we go!

PS: I completely agree, 6 Moody Blues songs is too few!

NKenny

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:07 pm

I would like to see more lessons on songs by female artists,Joan Baez, Carole King and so on too. Men most likely would teach more male artists songs, because it is in their voice range. I'm sure Neil will teach female artists songs now that it has been wanted.

Kenny

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic