My Mother Won't Be Happy Until I learn This

dsmarion

Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:40 am

Ahh, mothers. Mine in particular. When she found out I had gone back to rediscovering the guitar (and once I showed her how to find stuff on YouTube lol) she has hinted at me to try learning her favorite guitar song Maria Elena by her all-time favorite musicians Los Indios Tabajaras. It was their biggest hit and she just loves it. I have to admit that Natalicio Lima was a great guitarist (he passed away in 2009). Here also is their rendition of Flight of the Bumblebee which I find amazing.

jimlard

Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:00 am

I'd not heard of them before Scott, I really enjoyed Maria Elena, in fact I've bookmarked it.
That flight of the bumblebee is fast! How do they get their fingers to move that quick is beyond me, mine move about as quick as this poor chaps.

jimbo58

Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:16 am

[size=4Maria Elana recorded in 1962 and was a world wide hit for Los Indios Tabajaris and has to be one of the most beautiful acoustic guitar tunes ever written in my opinion. When you see this number performed live it is so haunting and unforgetable.
I have put this one up as a lesson request and what would also make this tune a great lesson is the possibility to play both the backing track and record it to play with the lead. It is currently sitting at about 960 on the request list, please vote for it.][/size]

thanks Jim

jimbo58

Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:24 am

Maria Elana was recorded in 1962 and was a world wide hit for Los Indios Tabajaris and, in my opinion, is one of the most beautiful and haunting acoustic guitar tunes ever written. I have listed it in the lesson request and is currently sitting at about 960 on the list. One of the reasons I feel this would make a great lesson is the opportunity to lean both the backing and the lead parts to be able to record one track to play along with the other.

Thank you for putting this vodoe up
Jim

haoli25

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:51 am

Yep, I miss Hector Garcia too. 'Maria Elena' would be a perfect lesson from him.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic