Well if this doesn't put a smile on your face..............

MarkM

Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:37 pm

johng11 wrote:
FYI : the video is part of a show called "Carl Perkins & Friends: Blue Suede Shoes - A Rockabilly Session (2006)" available on dvd through Amazon or ebay.
here's the link :

Here's part of the Amazon reviews :
"The appearances of two ex-Beatles, including the late George Harrison, are among the principal attractions in this hour-long 1985 TV show, which spotlights one of the prime movers behind the rock-and-country blend known as rockabilly. Carl Perkins, who died in 1998, was the composer of "Blue Suede Shoes" and other classics, as well as a highly influential guitar player. Here he's joined by a host of luminaries, including Eric Clapton, musical director Dave Edmunds, Rosanne Cash, and members of the Stray Cats, in addition to Harrison and Ringo Starr, who perform the Perkins tunes ("Matchbox" and "Everybody's Trying to Be My Baby") that the Beatles recorded lo, these many decades ago. But star power notwithstanding, it's Perkins's show all the way. Not only can the man still play, but he's clearly basking in all the attention--as is Harrison, whose rare live performances should be treasured all the more now that he's gone. --Sam Graham
Product Description
This classic show, featuring Perkins, along with Ringo Starr, George Harrison, Eric Clapton, Dave Edmunds, Slim Jim Phantom and others, was recorded live at London's Limehouse Studios in 1985 and features Harrison & Starr in their first reunion gig since the '70's."

I personally recommend this DVD - a MUST for any music lover (not to mention the historical value of this recording).

John thanks for this info. It just went on my Christmas list.

MarkM

songman52

Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:54 pm

That's alright, Mark, anyway you do! Great clip, thanks for sharing.

Jerry

stratman3

Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:00 am

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

What a way to start a Saturday morning.
Wow, simply the best.

That did put a BIG smile on my face and I couldn't stop tapping my foot. Whole lotta shakin going on!!

What fun....Thanks for sharing.

Gary B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic