Living under a rock

Hydroman52

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:02 am

I was recommending a song and then cruising the Recommend A Song section when I noticed Poetry Man by Phoebe Snow had been recently added. Of course, I immediately voted for it, watched the attached video, and, once again, realized how brilliant she is . . . . er, was . . . . at singing and songwriting. Yes, I live under a rock, and didn’t discover, until just now, that she had died in April of 2011. Now I’m a bit bummed out, but I guess the world has to keep turning.

I always wondered where her stage name came from, and here is the answer, in case anyone else is curious:

Origin of the character Phoebe Snow

If you are interested in voting for this great song by a great artist with a voice that totally surrounds the listener, here is the link:

The easy route to go and vote for Poetry Man by Phoebe Snow - Click Here

A couple of additional notes . . . .

Many years ago on my wedding day, my new bride and I were en route from the chapel to the gathering afterward when it began snowing for the first time of the year. Later that night, the bridesmaid dropped a quarter in the jukebox and played Poetry Man to commemorate the two occasions. It instantly became “our song”.

When I began writing this, it was raining. I was just about ready to post it, and it began snowing here for the first time of the year.

It’s just a little spooky.

Hydroman52

neverfoundthetime

Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:39 am

Spooky indeed Hydro.
Its such a shock when you hear of the death of a favourite performer a while after the event... same thing happened to me When Dan Fogelberg died leaves you empty and bummed out indeed.

Hydroman52 wrote:
I was recommending a song and then cruising the Recommend A Song section when I noticed Poetry Man by Phoebe Snow had been recently added. Of course, I immediately voted for it, watched the attached video, and, once again, realized how brilliant she is . . . . er, was . . . . at singing and songwriting. Yes, I live under a rock, and didn’t discover, until just now, that she had died in April of 2011. Now I’m a bit bummed out, but I guess the world has to keep turning.

I always wondered where her stage name came from, and here is the answer, in case anyone else is curious:

Origin of the character Phoebe Snow

If you are interested in voting for this great song by a great artist with a voice that totally surrounds the listener, here is the link:

The easy route to go and vote for Poetry Man by Phoebe Snow - Click Here

A couple of additional notes . . . .

Many years ago on my wedding day, my new bride and I were en route from the chapel to the gathering afterward when it began snowing for the first time of the year. Later that night, the bridesmaid dropped a quarter in the jukebox and played Poetry Man to commemorate the two occasions. It instantly became “our song”.

When I began writing this, it was raining. I was just about ready to post it, and it began snowing here for the first time of the year.

It’s just a little spooky.

Hydroman52

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic