Another House-Concert!!

AcousticAl

Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:14 pm

Hey TG,

You've heard me talk about Peter Katz on here before, and H and I have covered a few of his songs on here as well..

Well we went to another private house-concert with him and another extremely talented artist called Rob Szabo. I've attached some links below if you'd like to check them out.

AMAZING night full of great music, as you'll see by the clips.

Cheers!

Here's some of Rob's set:

And some of Peter's set:

(cool looping in this one!)

willem

Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:38 pm

I like those hous concerts,,I've only listen to Hitchiker smile yet to get in the mood but must wait till tomorrow to listen too the others,,i think it is a funny or sarcastic song???
Tell me Al..

BobR

Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:54 pm

Al,

These are really cool. Looks and sounds like so much fun.

Thanks for sharing your concert.

Bob

willem

Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:57 am

Al, I enjoyed the whole concert..that looping system is very interesting for some experiment,,,

AcousticAl

Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:03 am

Hey TG-ers.. especially those across the pond...

Peter Katz is on tour right now in Europe. He's in the UK right now and will be in the Netherlands soon.

If you've got a spare evening and he's playing near where you live- I strongly suggest you take the time to see one of his shows. He's such a talented artist. The venues he plays are usually quite intimate- a perfect night out. If you do go- don't be shy and make sure you talk to him afterwards. Very approachable!

Here's a list of his concerts..

http://www.peterkatz.com/shows.html

BTW- Peter's videos begin the 4th one down in this thread.

willem

Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:09 am

AcousticAl wrote:
Hey TG-ers.. especially those across the pond...

Peter Katz is on tour right now in Europe. He's in the UK right now and will be in the Netherlands soon.

If you've got a spare evening and he's playing near where you live- I strongly suggest you take the time to see one of his shows. He's such a talented artist. The venues he plays are usually quite intimate- a perfect night out. If you do go- don't be shy and make sure you talk to him afterwards. Very approachable!

Here's a list of his concerts..

http://www.peterkatz.com/shows.html

BTW- Peter's videos begin the 4th one down in this thread.

Thanks Al,,I special like the one with the LOOP/STATION...

Hydroman52

Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:28 am

AcousticAl wrote:
If you do go- don't be shy and make sure you talk to him afterwards.

. . . . . . . and tell him AcousticAl sent you.

AcousticAl

Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:14 pm

Hydroman52 wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:
If you do go- don't be shy and make sure you talk to him afterwards.

. . . . . . . and tell him AcousticAl sent you.
Peter is aware of TG from my posts about him.. He thinks it's great. I don't know if he knows my nom de plume though :laugh:
If you go- mention 'Al & Helen'. He'll know.

And let us know what you thought of the concert here in this thread.

Cheers!

dennisg

Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:19 pm

These were really enjoyable. Thanks for posting, Al.

AcousticAl

Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Here's an update in Peter Katz' world..
He's just been nominated for a Juno Award in Canada!!
He'll explain it better than me.
Here's a message he put out to folks on his mailing list..

CONGRATS PETER!!

Hi Folks! (and a HUGE hullo, ciao, guten tag and grüezi mitenand to all my new friends from Germany, Switzerland, Italy and the UK!)

It's rare that I get to email the whole list all at once but I have some news that I had to share. On Tuesday afternoon, I got word that my live CD/DVD "Peter Katz and Friends: Live at the Music Gallery" was nominated for a JUNO award!! (For my international friends, the Junos are the Canadian equivalent of the Grammy's www.junoawards.ca), so it was a massive shock, not something I thought I would ever see happen in my lifetime. It was a good day.

There's of course a very long road ahead, but for all the moments where things seem rather daunting, overwhelming and generally full of uncertainty, it's nice to have this little moment of: 'wow, progress is actually being made'. I had to take a moment to stop and say thank you for all of your support along the way. Some of you have been on this list for over 8 years, some of you I've just met on the European tour that I'm currently on (which has been AMAZING!) No matter how long we've known each other for, it means a great deal to me that you're on this list and that someday sooner or later I'll get a chance to play some more music for you.

I also REALLY cannot take credit for this nomination as there were so many wonderful people involved in the concert and subsequent release, most of whom unbelievably donated their time and services so this could be pulled off. I am surrounded by the greatest humans on earth.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for this little moment, and all the great moments we've been able to share together over the past 8 years. I would very much like to be able to do this for the rest of my life, and every show I play is a little wish come true, truly. Looking forward to many many more, and on that note, I'm hitting the stage here in Stratford-Upon-Avon in the UK in about an hour, then off to the Netherlands for a week of dates (some of which are already sold out! amazing).

Take care, much love and wishing you many similar moments in your own lives, Peter

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic