Zeppelin or Floyd?

neverfoundthetime

Tue May 22, 2012 11:32 am

Hi Barb, how's it going out there? Good to see you log in again.
Yes, I saw that Wilson Sister's version... pretty good!

tovo

Tue May 22, 2012 1:40 pm

BRBbrb wrote:

Well my boys who range from 16 - 21 still wear t-shirts of both. But if I could go back in time; I would take the Stairway to Heaven.
Hey Barb great to see you.

As always thanks for some very thoughtful answers.

For me, the raw rock power of Zeppelin wins out. Didn't every kid want to be Jimmy Page or Robert Plant? I know I did (either would have done). I watched the doco "It might get loud" and Jimmy is still as charismatic as always. He left the others in his wake.

willem

Tue May 22, 2012 2:31 pm

zepp and floyd,,,

Chasplaya

Tue May 22, 2012 6:07 pm

Wow Barb where you been? Today I like LZ lol Thought you might like this from Nancy

Better than Page IMHO, even though he wrote it.

Need to remember that Sandy Denny was the original vocalist to accompany Plant on LZ IV and was the only ever guest vocalist to perform with LZ here she is

TGMike

Tue May 22, 2012 6:26 pm

Well I'd remain Comfortably Numb for sure! ;) :P

For a simple reason though, I hardly know Led Zeppelin (sure I know Stairway to heaven, awesome song no doubt!) and I've always loved Pink Floyd. The one that caught me most when I was a kid is: 'Be careful with that axe Eugene' and 'Comfortably Numb' is my most favorite song ever, so yeah, easy pick for me! :) :)

Ness

daryl

Tue May 22, 2012 6:27 pm

Aaaaaah Nancy ROCKS!!!!! :woohoo:

Chasplaya wrote:
Wow Barb where you been? Today I like LZ lol Thought you might like this from Nancy

Better than Page IMHO, even though he wrote it.

Need to remember that Sandy Denny was the original vocalist to accompany Plant on LZ IV and was the only ever guest vocalist to perform with LZ here she is

BRBbrb

Sun May 27, 2012 7:38 pm

@ Tovo: haha; good to see you too, you look as green as ever! Thought I might get some flack for my PF comment, didn't mean to 'dis' them, they're just as awesome in a different way. Know what you mean; I think even girls wanted to be Page or Plant. Haven't seen "It Might Get Loud". Is that the one with the White Stripes guy & the Edge?

@Chasplaya: Thanks for the great videos; how did you find that Nancy video? She makes it look so easy. Sandy Denny? never heard of her-guess I'll hop on over to google ;)

tvarga

Sun May 27, 2012 8:49 pm

It's hard for me to pick one, but I have to say that I've always been amazed with Gilmour's playing. It has so much feeling to it even though it's often somewhat simplistic. He was fun to watch live too. I can't imagine how many thousands of times I've listened to Floyd over the years. :)

AndyT

Mon May 28, 2012 2:19 am

There is no contest. Floyd all the way. We used to say Zep for the body and Floyd is for the mind.

And I'm still comfortably numb.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic