Check Out This You-Tuber

dtaylor

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:11 am

More Than A Feeling was wonderful, there's a few TGers who'd give him a run for his money on a 12 string (hint hint) playing that one.
I've been looking forward to a lesson on it since the YT teaser years ago...

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:27 pm

dtaylor wrote:
More Than A Feeling was wonderful, there's a few TGers who'd give him a run for his money on a 12 string (hint hint) playing that one.
I've been looking forward to a lesson on it since the YT teaser years ago...
Hmmm, coincidentally I've been listening to Boston a lot today... and my 12 string is back in normal tuning so maybe.... ;-)

dtaylor

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:52 pm

It'd right up your alley, and you could learn it in a trifle too I bet... Can't wait!

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:16 pm

dtaylor wrote:
It'd right up your alley, and you could learn it in a trifle too I bet... Can't wait!
Twist my arm :-)

okay, chord sheet and lyrics are worked out, first attempts show promise but quite a bit of practice needed here.... some great chord progressions with driving rhythm ... am actually using a pick on this as fingers don't hack it... fun, fun, wow, it takes some singing !! ... will need some time on this.... :cheer:

dtaylor

Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:32 pm

I can see there's a good workout for both hands, it would be worth learning for the cross-picking practice alone. I wonder, is there a vocal technique to reach that near falsetto note on "awayyyyyyyy" ??

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:52 am

I think the vocal technique required involves a clamp or vice (as Bear suggests)so I don't want to go there Dean! I'm actually an octave under and it sounds almost as dynamic but not as painful. Its interesting for me to listen to when Rick changes to the "head voice" and I can emulate it but then he ratchets it up another notch and I'm left painfully croaking away. So I'm picking and choosing when to go high. At the moment I'm only making the leap on: I see my Marianne walking away ... then I just hold the ..way bit without leaping higher.

daryl

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:46 am

I wonder how it would sound if you used your DAW to make your voice an octave higher (without changing the tempo)?

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:44 pm

daryl wrote:
I wonder how it would sound if you used your DAW to make your voice an octave higher (without changing the tempo)?
It would sound like a waste of time Daryl as it would be of no use to me to do that... either I can sing the song some way or other or I'll leave it. ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic