Love, Love Me Do for another 50 years and then some; a Beatles 50th anniversary

BobR

Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:49 pm

Hi Craig,

Sound like a really great time. 3 encores nice . Wish I could say I have seen him live, but never have.

Bob

pbraun

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:34 pm

Got my tickets for Oct 15!. We were to use him in April but that's when he had to cancel. Can't wait
Pete

Craig

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:34 pm

Chris - I bet all 3 shows were equally wonderful! Curious what were the span of years for those 3 shows?

Bob - If you have ANY opportunity to go, DO IT! It was incredible!

Pete - I'm excited for you. It will knock your socks off...although San Diego warm weather, it knocked my flip-flops off! :) I hope you think of me for just a split second when you are standing on your feet thinking, "oh my gosh, this is unbelievable!!!"

I felt kind of dumb posting that Paul McCartney put on a great show. As if everyone wouldn't assume that already... A Beatle live. A living legend. With all of those incredible songs to choose from... Duh!!!

But, I was so overwhelmed I just had to say it out loud. The last time he was in San Diego was 1976. Of course I could travel to see him but this time seemed like it was meant to be. And at age 72, who knows how many more years he will tour? I had the feeling that had I skipped this opportunity, I would kick myself in the rear for the rest of my life...

It also meant a lot to me that I could take my kids (ages 19 & 16) with me. They are old enough to appreciate not only the great music but the history. They have grown up with Beatles music in the house and have watched the Anthology DVD a number of times with me. I wanted them to be able to tell their kids someday, "I saw him live in concert..."

So, thank you for indulging me stating the obvious!!

Craig

pbraun

Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:15 am

So I too saw Paul last night. As Craig said he was outstanding. (And yes Craig I took 1 moment to think of you enjoying it with your family, I enjoyed watching my wife enjoy it as she has always allowed me to reel in the delight of anything Beatle) This was the 5th time I have seen Paul and he did not disappoint! He was much more engaging with the audience he was funny and man did he belt out the tunes. Everything sounded fresh and new all over again. Everything from All together Now to the Benefit of Mr. Kite (oddly).

Anyway what a concert and most likely the best out of the 5 I've seen, can't believe he is 72 and still able and willing to say "see you next time", you can tell he enjoys performing!

If you get the opportunity go you won't be sorry!

Pete

Craig

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:08 pm

That's awesome Pete! Thanks for thinking of me! Funny, I had the same thought during the show regarding him playing Benefit of Mr. Kite...although it was great.

Craig

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:29 pm

Craig wrote:
Chris - I bet all 3 shows were equally wonderful! Curious what were the span of years for those 3 shows?
Craig
It was about 10 years, Craig.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic