Love, Love Me Do for another 50 years and then some; a Beatles 50th anniversary

pbraun

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:06 am

Great thread Michelle, one would think that after 50 years people would stop talking thinking and playing their songs, but how? It only shows just how much influence they had on not just one generation but several, ad my guess is more. I know my Grandkids have already!
Pete

tombo1230

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:30 am

willem wrote:
Well if ''love me do'' was there first song 50 years a go then we have a long way to wait till it is released here....maybe its easy and we have the tools already..
You will need a harmonica Willem. :)

Tom N.

willem

Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:56 am

tombo1230 wrote:
willem wrote:
Well if ''love me do'' was there first song 50 years a go then we have a long way to wait till it is released here....maybe its easy and we have the tools already..
You will need a harmonica Willem. :)

Tom N.

And the twist he Tom?

thereshopeyet

Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:20 pm

Willem Wrote:
A lot of money for being a seed donor..
That's a lot of seeds at one dollar a seed Willem......

You'll be exhausted.... even worse....

No time to play Love Me do!!!

cosmicmechanic

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:08 pm

Funny thing ... it seems that every now and then something obscure from the Beatles pops up that I haven't yet seen or heard.

I sure hope that keeps happening for a long time to come ...

tombo1230

Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:40 am

That sure was funny Pierre. I hadn't heard that before either.

The Beatles loved their humour. George re-mortgaged his home to pay for one of the Python movies if my memory serves me.
Just another side of their creativity I suppose.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Tom N.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Yeah, George finance "The Life of Brian".
Apart from the great harmonies and cool harmonica Love Me Do is probably the worse of all their songs to my ears so the changes they underwent and the innovations they brought to rock/pop over the next 10 years were truly staggering!

michelew

Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:35 am

Pierre,

I enjoyed seeing the pictures of the Fab Four being all craaaaaaazzzzzzy. :). Thanks for posting it.

M.

Craig

Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi Fellow TGers!

I just wanted to share with all of you that I had the honor and privilege to take my wife and kids to the Paul McCartney concert last night in San Diego. WOW!!
Knowing it was going to be great before hand, it exceeded all expectations! I was totally blown away. I was also super pleased because my two teenage kids loved it as much as I did. He played about 40 songs for three hours. Opened with Eight Days a week, ended with Hey Jude and played everything you could hope for in between. Came back for encore #1 with Day tripper and Get Back. Came back for a second encore with Yesterday and Helter Skelter. Came back for a 3rd encore with Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End.

An unbelievable experience that my family will never forget.

Craig

neverfoundthetime

Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:44 pm

Great Craig! He is awesome live, I have to say and I have had the pleasure 3 times now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic