Gregory Alan Isakov - thanks Pandora...

Music Junkie

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:54 pm

I was listening to my Nick Drake channel on Pandora today, and there were some great artists coming on that i had never heard of. One was Gregory Alan Isokov. If he is popular, I completely missed him somehow. Here is one of three songs that played today. It is called "The Stable Song".

I searched around YT for a while tonight and found a fw more of his songs that I enjoyed... :)

J

TGNesh

Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:04 am

Well I´m with you, very nice song, really like his voice too! :)

lueders

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:18 am

Hi, Jason...Yeah that is smooth and mellow!! Mighty fine, find!It is the kind of stuff I usually like these days. It kinda reminds me of this guy here a little:

http://www.ask.com/videos/watch-video/t ... in=ask.com

Cori

Music Junkie

Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:49 am

Ness: I find I am constantly amazed at the great music out there that I have NEVER heard... It just shows the vastness of this little part of the world we love... :)

Cori: Alexi Murdoch is another of the artists that came on the same channel. I enjoyed his tunes as well. Others include:

John Martyn
Jose Gonzalez
My Morning Jacket
Pullman
Ray Lamontagne

I try and write them down during the day as something catches my ear.

My past self would smirk at my musical tastes these days, but I really enjoy the mellow acoustic sounds. I can still rock on with the best of em' from time to time though..... ;)

Jason

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:30 am

Really nice Jason, thanks for the tip off!

BigBear

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Jason- Great new artist!! He's a lot like Ray Lamontagne, one of my new favorites. We've got one of Ray's tunes in our TG lessons.

My wife was listening to Pandora last night and there were about 4 new artists that we had to look up. It's too bad these new people are so hard to find. They deserve more recognition.

Best!! :cheer:

thereshopeyet

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:55 pm

Great video Jason

Here's another from him.....

Great tree picture too.

Link: Gregory Alan Isokov

Dermot

:)

thereshopeyet

Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:00 pm

Deleted double post, not sure how that happened..... :S

Heres another one......

Dermot

Music Junkie

Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:47 pm

Chris: You are a Pandora or Pirate Radio listener aren't you? Whenever I punch in an artist and listen for a few days, I am always pleased at the other artists that pop up. You can then use them as a new channel and see where it takes you. Over a period of time, you can really get exposed to a LOT of new talent out there.

Bear: Yep, Ray is great too. I must have missed the lesson on him.... We have so few lessons here.... :woohoo: , yeah right..... ;) I have been enjoying the Decemberists as well, after being exposed to them recently. Most are usually simple enough to find on YT. If Itunes does not have their music, they usually have their own website where it can be found. If that fails, Blogs are a great place.

Dermot: Another nice tune. A few more of his songs and those of the others I have mentioned are playing today. I am really enjoying this Nick Drake channel.. :) Thanks to TG for introducing me to Nick...

Jason

thereshopeyet

Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:40 pm

Jason

If you like Nick Drake, Do you want some more.....have a listen to Roy Harper, he amazing too.

Dermot

Is that alright .........or what !!......

:ohmy:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic