Accessing videos posted on the Forum

fjeanmur

Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:11 pm

Hi all!

This has been one of the increasingly rare times that I've had time too look through the Forum posts. Things always seem hectic, but I don't want to completely lose touch with what's going on. But, if I'm remembering correctly, before this whole change in the iPad operating system came along, I used to be able to see the Forum videos. Now I can't and I'm feeling even more out of touch.

Was there some talk on the Forum about how to get around this or does someone know if there is a way to see the videos on the iPad? Too many times when I click onto something that seems interesting, all I see is a series of blank post boxes. Just wondering.

Jean

TGNesh

Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:24 pm

Heeeey Jean, I've been wondering how you are doing, good to read you here! :)

The iPad thing..........pffffffff :S :( ....I have the same problem....and many others had it too (after the update).....and yes there was a thread about it, although I have no ideo where it is, I should look for it. Maybe Michele knows, I think she's the one who started it in the first place. Or maybe others will chime in, I hope so actually, because i really want it fixed as well. I've actually gotten used to it.... :dry:

Anyway, hope all is well and you're still enjoying TG! ;) What are you playing these days?

Ness

fjeanmur

Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:37 pm

TGVanessa wrote:

The iPad thing..........pffffffff :S :( ....I have the same problem....and many others had it too (after the update).....and yes there was a thread about it, although I have no ideo where it is, I should look for it. Maybe Michele knows, I think she's the one who started it in the first place. Or maybe others will chime in, I hope so actually, because i really want it fixed as well. I've actually gotten used to it.... :dry:

Anyway, hope all is well and you're still enjoying TG! ;) What are you playing these days?

Ness
Hi Vanessa!

I remember you were always quick to answer posts. Yeah, I've kind of gotten used to it too, but not in good way, obviously. During the summer I have more to to see what's going on, but otherwise time is tight. But I am still here.

What am I playing? Among a couple of other things, working on Neil's instrumental version of "Imagine" and I surprised myself because it's not coming along badly. It's challenging, there are still some bumps, but I can play through it and it gets easier all the time.

Want to suggest what I should tackle next? I don't sing too well :angry: so I tend to like the instrumentals.

Jean

auntlynnie

Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:43 pm

I, too, cannot access with my iPad, the video posted on the forums.
Bummer.

Lynn

michelew

Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:20 pm

Hi Jean,

It has been a while since we've seen you.

The lessons are unaffected. So you can still watch those on your iPad. Yeh!!!!

When I want to view a forum video, I use a browser called Chrome. The app is free I think. If you see a thread that has videos in it you need to highlight and hold the thread title for a second. That will bring up a short menu, select "open in new tab". That will create a new tab at the top of your screen. Go to the new tab and hey presto you should be able to see the videos.

If you go into a thread in chrome without doing the above, you still won't be able to see any videos in it. Actually, it will work the when you first open the Chrome application, but the next thread you try to open in the normal way won't work.

Ness, Lynne, I can't believe you didn't ask me to help you with this earlier. Crazy!

It's a pain in the bum, but at least this approach works. I hope it all makes sense. I'm happy to talk you through it.

Shel

tgjameela

Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:29 pm

Hi All,

Sorry that this is still an ongoing issue, I was emailing back and forth with Naz on it for a bit previously, we came to the conclusion that this is unfortunately a known bug in the iOS7 that affects embedded videos, since the videos use the embed code on the forum they won't play.

He sent me a thread on the Apple Support Community, which I have linked below. There are a few suggestions that have worked for some, including update to 7.0.2, uninstalling the YT app, and a few others.

Please check out the link below if any of the suggestions work for you please let us know for future reference, unfortunately I cannot test them myself as I don't have and iPad, we decided the Galaxy tab was better ;)

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5358168

If there is anything I can do to help let me know.

Thanks,
Jameela

TGNesh

Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:55 am

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh, it works!! :cheer: Thanks Shel! :)

(And yes, I had been meaning to ask you, but kept forgetting it, that's how used to it I got..... :S )

michelew wrote:
Hi Jean,

When I want to view a forum video, I use a browser called Chrome. The app is free I think. If you see a thread that has videos in it you need to highlight and hold the thread title for a second. That will bring up a short menu, select "open in new tab". That will create a new tab at the top of your screen. Go to the new tab and hey presto you should be able to see the videos.

If you go into a thread in chrome without doing the above, you still won't be able to see any videos in it. Actually, it will work the when you first open the Chrome application, but the next thread you try to open in the normal way won't work.

Ness, Lynne, I can't believe you didn't ask me to help you with this earlier. Crazy!

It's a pain in the bum, but at least this approach works. I hope it all makes sense. I'm happy to talk you through it.

Shel

TGNesh

Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:59 am

Ah got it, into instrumentals :) . Who told you you cannot sing???

Imagine, cool!

Other instrumentals, well that's a good one, since I'm really not into those. I did learn a couple, such as Bourree, Classical Gas, Romanza, but the one that I réally like (it's beautiful!) is Neil's 'Rosa May'. Doable but tricky enough. So I'd say, go for that one! What do you think?

fjeanmur wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:

Ness
Hi Vanessa!

I remember you were always quick to answer posts. Yeah, I've kind of gotten used to it too, but not in good way, obviously. During the summer I have more to to see what's going on, but otherwise time is tight. But I am still here.

What am I playing? Among a couple of other things, working on Neil's instrumental version of "Imagine" and I surprised myself because it's not coming along badly. It's challenging, there are still some bumps, but I can play through it and it gets easier all the time.

Want to suggest what I should tackle next? I don't sing too well :angry: so I tend to like the instrumentals.

Jean

fjeanmur

Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:00 pm

michelew wrote:
Hi Jean,

Shel
Hi Michelle!

Yes, it's been a bit, but I am still here, every day on the site watching what's going on and always working on something.

You're right! It does work. Thank you so much. Now in the odd moments I have to take a peek at the Forum videos, I will.

BTW--I did see that collaboration you did with Vanessa. That was fabulous!

fjeanmur

Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:51 am

TGVanessa wrote:
[quote]Ah got it, into instrumentals :) . Who told you you cannot sing???

Imagine, cool!

Other instrumentals, well that's a good one, since I'm really not into those. I did learn a couple, such as Bourree, Classical Gas, Romanza, but the one that I réally like (it's beautiful!) is Neil's 'Rosa May'. Doable but tricky enough. So I'd say, go for that one! What do you think?

Hey Vanessa,

Thanks for the suggestion. I just took a look at at of the lesson and it looks interesting and doable. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic