Mark Yamanaka, Check Him Out, And Vote!

TGNeil

Sun May 11, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi Gang,

A quick report on something completely unexpected that happened here the other night. Rebecca told me that one of her friends would be joining us for a BBQ at the house and he played the guitar. After dinner we broke out the guitars and he started playing Hawaiian songs. i played along and was blown away by his sound, particularly his singing. We shot a little video and I will get some of that to you later. His name is Mark Yamanaka and I found out he was very famous in Hawaii, and Japan as well. He is currently nominated for a Na Hoku Hanohano award, and won four with his first album, Lei Pua Kenikeni in 2011. His latest album, Lei Maile is up for another right now but voting closes tomorrow. If you like what you here and want to help support a new friend of the TG world, go to Hara Vote and vote for his album. The process includes verifying your vote with a return email so be sure to follow through.

Check these for a small sample of his sound.

Here is a link to his page at his label Mountain Apple Company.

I hope to sit down with him in a day or two and find out a lot more about this very talented artist but in the meantime, please check him out and vote if you can.

Mahalo Nui,

Neil

tombo1230

Sun May 11, 2014 8:18 pm

Really terrific vocal on a beautiful song.

If anyone votes, your return e-mail may be in your spam box, mines was.

Tom N.

Music Junkie

Sun May 11, 2014 8:47 pm

Wow, I did NOT expect that voice to come out of him. That was a beautiful song, and he really seems to engage the crowd quite well.

Thanks for sharing.

Jason

thereshopeyet

Mon May 12, 2014 4:50 am

Gosh,

Smells amazing !
Can't wait for your further uploads.

Dermot

:ohmy: Image

thereshopeyet

Mon May 12, 2014 5:25 am

Neil

Don't Lose the interview....... :ohmy: ..... watch this.......

markyamanaka

Fri May 16, 2014 9:12 pm

Aloha Neil and the Totally Guitars.com Family, I want to thank you for your support all the way from Hawaii! I always enjoy meeting new folks and talented folks more so,
It gives me the opportunity to learn more, and hopefully get better as a musician. I hope you all are doing well and hope to meet you all soon. Mahalo!

Mark Yamanaka Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic