Let's appreciate WE STILL HAVE TWO BEATLES - HAPPY B-DAY (soon) RINGO

cosmicmechanic

Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:55 pm

I thought to post this now because, with vacations and all, Ringo's birthday would go under-notiiced.

Ringo Starr turns 74 on July 7th, 2014 !!

Just remember to be happy and grateful that we still have two of the Beatles with us.

Here are some odds and ends for Ringo's B-Day, with Paul ... living legends ...

daryl

Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:52 am

Those were GREAT videos. I hadn't seen a single one before. Thanks Pierre! It will surely be a sad day when Paul and Ringo are no longer with us. :-(

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:31 am

Thanks Pierre, great stuff! And that lead me to Dave Stewart interviewing Ringo revealing the secrets of his personal drumming style... fascinating and charming. His story of how the Abbey Road cover photo happened and how he wrote Back off Boogaloo are hilarious! Ringo is such a natural, humble and authentic human being. Like that.

daryl

Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:45 am

Thanks Chris!

pbraun

Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:26 am

I was supposed to see Paul last night here in Atlanta. This is the part of the concert series he had to postpone, so it is rescheduled to Oct 15th. Still not disappointed as he will be in even better shape then. Paul turned 71 last Wednesday, and my son shares Ringos birthday!
Pete

willem

Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:28 am

Loved the videos, great guy , Ringo Star.

:) :) B)

cosmicmechanic

Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:17 am

Chris, this Dave Stewart - Ringo interview is soooo cooool. Thanks.

daryl

Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:36 am

pbraun wrote:
I was supposed to see Paul last night here in Atlanta. This is the part of the concert series he had to postpone, so it is rescheduled to Oct 15th. Still not disappointed as he will be in even better shape then. Paul turned 71 last Wednesday, and my son shares Ringos birthday!
Pete
Paul was born in 1942. Doesn't that make him 72? :(

fjeanmur

Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:50 am

I was at that Radio City concert for Ringo's 70th birthday. It was amazing. The stage went dark, we thought it was over. Ringo had been a little cantankerous and said something to the effect of "It's over, so you all can go home now." There was a lot of movement on the darkened stage by what seemed to be people moving equipment. Then the lights came up again and everyone noticed there was someone on the stage with a guitar with his back to the audience. He quickly turned around and everyone stated screaming "Paul, Paul!" And Paul went into his first live performance of "Birthday." Soon a lot of other people were on the stage for a bit of an extended concert, even Yoko Ono who kept tapping her microphone and making gestures asking why it wasn't on. (Hmmm . . . I wonder why that was?). It was fun to be part of that night.

Thanks for posting the video. It bought back memories.

Jean

pbraun

Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:44 pm

daryl wrote:
pbraun wrote:
Pete
Paul was born in 1942. Doesn't that make him 72? :(
Oops my mistake, you are right!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic