Iron and Wine (and other cool artists) - favourite songs and albums?

michelew

Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:56 pm

Hi y'all (y'all)!

Since Ness gave us her lastest tasty lesson, I've been listening to Iron and Wine's Our Endless Numbered Days album. I'm really enjoying it. I also have Such Great Height recommended by Cori, MJ and Den (beautiful!).

I've been having a look at Samuel Beam's (or The S Man as he's also been referred to :P) other albums. He has quite a few.

So what are your favourite Iron and Wine songs and albums? Which one should I get next?

B)

Thanks! It's almost the weekend here YEH! And if it stops raining we might see the sun. If it doesn't ... Who cares! I'll play guitar and listen to some new stuff. I'm absolutely fine with with that. Oh yeh and go to a million Christmas parties.

I hope you all have a relaxing weekend ahead.

Shel

Music Junkie

Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:18 pm

Shel:

I have listened to quite a bit of his stuff, mostly through Pandora. I find that "The Shepherd's Dog" is a decent enough album as well. "Boy With A Coin" is catchy.

I have five of his albums:

The Creek Drank the Cradle
Kiss Each Other Clean
Our Endless, Numbered Days
The Shepherd's Dog
Ghost on Ghost

Kiss Each Other Clean is a little more electric, and I did not enjoy it quite as much. Not bad, just different.

Jason

michelew

Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:50 am

Thanks so much Jason. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Got it. Off to listen.

Thanks again.

M

michelew

Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:59 pm

Hey Jason,

I've been listening to The Shepherd's Dog on and off. It's really quite different as you say. But I've been enjoying it. House by the Sea is a cool track.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

M

Music Junkie

Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:27 am

michelew wrote:
Hey Jason,

I've been listening to The Shepherd's Dog on and off. It's really quite different as you say. But I've been enjoying it. House by the Sea is a cool track.

M
That's great. Some of the other artists that came up on the Pandora channel along with Iron & Wine were:

Alexi Murdoch
Gregory Alan Isokov
Jose Gonzalez
Angus & Julia Stone

I really enjoyed "The Stable Song" by Gregory Alan Isokov, "All of My Days" by Alexi Murdoch and "Down the Line" and "Abram" by Jose Gonzalez.

J

dtaylor

Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:21 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
michelew wrote:
Hey Jason,

M
That's great. Some of the other artists that came up on the Pandora channel along with Iron & Wine were:

Alexi Murdoch
Gregory Alan Isokov
Jose Gonzalez
Angus & Julia Stone

I really enjoyed "The Stable Song" by Gregory Alan Isokov, "All of My Days" by Alexi Murdoch and "Down the Line" and "Abram" by Jose Gonzalez.

J
J, looks like Nick Drake's legacy is safe with this lot. Thanks for the tip, I've added All of My Days to my to-do list as well!

michelew

Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:27 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
michelew wrote:
Hey Jason,

M

Alexi Murdoch
Gregory Alan Isokov
Jose Gonzalez
Angus & Julia Stone

J
Jason thanks! Alexi is very cool. I really like Breathe too. I have some of his stuff along with Angus and Julia (who are Sydney-siders, in fact my daughter went to high school with Julia) I especially like Mango tree. Must learn that.

I now have Jose's Veneer album and Abram, I can definitely hear similarities with Nick Drake.

I'll check out the other artist too.

It's nice to add some more cool guitarists to my collection.

Ta! B)

Shel

unclewalt

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:41 pm

Music Junkie

Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:46 pm

Nice find, Walt.

Music Junkie

Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:50 pm

michelew wrote:
Jason thanks! Alexi is very cool. I really like Breathe too. I have some of his stuff along with Angus and Julia (who are Sydney-siders, in fact my daughter went to high school with Julia) I especially like Mango tree. Must learn that.

I now have Jose's Veneer album and Abram, I can definitely hear similarities with Nick Drake.

I'll check out the other artist too.

It's nice to add some more cool guitarists to my collection.

Ta! B)

Shel
I agree. I love to hear new artists and music. Especially stuff that is not going to make a strong splash on what passes for radio these days. Pandora has introduced me to so many great artists. Some of them are new, and some of them are ones that I just missed along the way. ;)

J

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic