Who's music lifts you up?

michelew

Sat May 30, 2015 9:35 pm

This question should be easier for everyone. :) :D

This week work has really taken it's toll on my spirits. I woke up feeling like crap. I tried coffee, didn't work. So I decided to take the cure. Yep loud rockin' music while cooking. Queen's greatest hits - gosh they were awesome. There's nothin' like singing loud and high with Freddie and the others and not caring how crap you might sound and silly dancing.

So which artists, bands, albums, songs, genre - take your pick - can you rely on to lift you up when life is wearing you down?

I have a few, today it's Queen.

Shel

daryl

Sun May 31, 2015 5:51 am

My go to band right now is LAKE STREET DIVE

Use Me Up

Look at What Mistake

Bad Self Portraits

michelew

Sun May 31, 2015 7:40 am

Great example of a feel good band. I especially love their singer and bass player. Too cool!

thereshopeyet

Sun May 31, 2015 8:35 am

Leonard Cohen ...... plenty of room for "Up" Michelle :dry:

:P

michelew

Sun May 31, 2015 8:55 am

thereshopeyet wrote:
Leonard Cohen ...... plenty of room for "Up" Michelle :dry:

:P
Haha! Oh my :dry: perhaps you need to try many, many, many helium balloons too. :)

wrench

Sun May 31, 2015 11:32 am

Dave Nachmanoff. No question. No debate. Don't even have to think about it. Every time I hear this guy, which is very often, I just gotta pound the the strings off my guitar.

For vocals, I think Sara Brightman. But I'll say this, the two most emotionally important songs in my life are sung to perfection by Corina. At IGC 2014, I heard a sidebar session of Dave Nach on guitar and Corina singing Autumn Leaves. I won't forget those four very special minutes anytime soon.

Max

Sun May 31, 2015 1:13 pm

"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo’Ole
"Livin' On A Prayer" by Bon Jovi, "WOOOAH, WE'RE HALFWAY THERE".
"Sharp Dressed Man", "Legs" and "La Grange" by ZZ Top
"Dog Days Are Over" by Florence And The Machine

And I'm kinda ashamed to admit this but a song that always cheers me up, "Build Me Up Buttercup" by The Foundations

I also agree that Queen, can definitely be a mood changer.

crieniecat

Sun May 31, 2015 3:14 pm

For vocals, I think Sara Brightman. But I'll say this, the two most emotionally important songs in my life are sung to perfection by Corina. At IGC 2014, I heard a sidebar session of Dave Nach on guitar and Corina singing Autumn Leaves. I won't forget those four very special minutes anytime soon.[/quote]

Dan...what a HUGE compliment....It really means a lot to me to hear that :blush:
And yes, I especially remember those four minutes as well. Dave N. unrehearsed and out of the blue...but as I've mentioned before, this song fits me like a glove in many ways, and I am pulled into the emotion of the song in an instant.
The fact that Dave played it as intense as he did, right at the spot, made it certainly for me, a very memorable moment...

Stay well and safe :kiss:
Corina.

Lavallee

Sun May 31, 2015 4:28 pm

I always Joe Bonamassa, a blues player (blues rock) in my car. When I am down to the floor , his music put me back in my seat.

Rock

Slow blues

Here is a fun one with Beth Hart

Marc

michelew

Sun May 31, 2015 6:49 pm

Great responses. Music is powerful stuff!

I'll be listening later in the day. If work starts to get me down, I'll know I have some good medicine waiting in the wings. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic