WOW! - new music, old music - what's caught your attention lately?

michelew

Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:47 pm

What are you listening to? Specifically, what keeps pulling you back to listen again?

This is a song that absolutely made me go WOW! When I first saw and heard it and continues to Drag me in deeper as I've been listening to the album; "Had I Paid" by the Small Glories. I LOVE the energy. It's such a powerful song. If you're not moved by this, you're dead.

The whole album is great. I'd recommend y'all sample it if you like this track.

I had the pleasure of meeting Cara Luft in 2014 at Puget Sound; amazing musician, hilarious and great fun.

So what are you all listening to? Any recommendations?

Later y'all.

Michele

jimcjimc

Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:05 am

OK I heard this song a few weeks ago on random play - Van Morrison with Behind the Ritual from about 10 years ago - starts with him playing a ukulele

Here is a cool live version from BBC - hopefully available world wide

wrsomers

Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:10 am

Here's one I can't stop listening to (I've posted this one before). It gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. Willie 83 years young, and Trigger (his guitar) age 47 or more.

Bill

daryl

Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:13 am

fjeanmur

Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:26 am

Hey everyone--

I don't have a video, but lately I would say anything by Ray LaMontagne. I started hearing a lot by him on my satellite radio station in the car, and then started requesting "Alexa" to play his stuff on Prime Music. Really cool!

And, oh yeah, I've been listening a lot to Dave's Spinoza's Dream. Pretty cool too!

auntlynnie

Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:37 pm

Hi Michele & everyone,
I really liked the video of The Small Glories! As you said, the energy is wonderful - I think the combination of frailing banjo and guitar is excellent, but their vocals.... Wow!

I've been listening to a local singer-songwriter that I heard a a local folk club - so local that there are no videos.

Also a lot of Eric Clapton - attended a tribute show recently.

Lynn

Music Junkie

Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:10 pm

While listening to Pandora at work, I kept noticing songs by Colin Hay (lead sing of Men at Work). I really enjoyed them. I checked out some of his albums, and found that he has quite the collection of great songs.

Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

Sometimes I Wish (I think this is played in Open G, but I am not positive, I have been toying with it a little)

Maggie

Woman's Face (one of my favorites of Colin)

There are several more songs that I really like as well...

Jason

cosmicmechanic

Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:51 am

This tune is my current manic obsession. It's possible to read into it on so many levels, I find it uplifting :)

abiliog

Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:06 am

Hi everyone,
Well, a few days ago I was listening to the radio and just heard a young guy playing... blues :)

Abílio

BobR

Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:32 am

I have been listening to Sirrius Radio and there is a Coffee House channel of Acoustic songs. I have enjoyed Mark Wilkinson.
Here is one of his songs. There a quite a few more

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic