Camper re - Al Stewart concert Phoenixville PA 11.18.16

plantman

Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:55 am

This is the first post I ever initiated, not sure if this is the right spot to write about a few campers who met up here in eastern Pa at the Colonial Theater for the Al Stewart concert. Felecia Murano (NJ) John Jameson and I (including wives, husbands and friends) had a nice rendezvous Friday night. The concert was billed as an acoustic trio performing the complete "Year of the Cat" album. Our good friend Dave Nachmanoff and another musician Mark (last name?) accompanied Al. Dave opened the show with four of his own songs before Al came out and continued the show with Al's music. Eventually, Al called up Mark to join him. Mark added wonderful accompaniment of percussion and wind instruments including harmonica, flute and saxophone. Mark added the incredible sax solo during 'Time Passages' and also did a little solo work on his own before the break. After intermission, they all performed the complete 'Year of the Cat' album. Dave was great as expected and sounded, especially good after we got his volume turned up :woohoo: ! Mark added a lot with percussion and fills with his wind instruments, and out going personality on stage. By the time Al started the finale, Year of the Cat, Mark had walked off the stage. Just when I realized he was going to miss the sax solo, I almost jumped out of my seat when he suddenly appeared walking down the center isle and started blasting the solo right next to my seat.
It was great show, nice small, personal venue, not sure if I ever want to go to the large arenas any more! Had a chance to catch up with Dave afterwards. Nice evening made more special to share with a few fellow campers!
your guest reporter, Chan
ps hopefully I can attach my photo!

TGNesh

Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:45 am

I think this is the spot for such a report for sure!

What a fantastic time you've had! :cheer: How awesome to share it with fellow campers. I'm with you, I don't ever wanna go to large arenas any more, I love those small and personal venues. And it's great to watch some great musicians that close. I'm sure Dave was fantastic, since he just is. Nice that you got a chance to catch up a little there too.

What was that with you getting Dave's volume turned up?? did you yell for it or something? :laugh:

Many thanks for the report Chan!

Ness

(I guess you weren't able to attach a picture? :( )

familyman4

Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:36 pm

Great write up Chan! It is wonderful to hear about your concert experience and you did a wonderful job of articulating your thoughts. You are a song writer at heart, even if you don't know it yet:) Keep hanging around with John and he will rub off on you with his song writing skills...

Thanks for sharing!
Bart

plantman

Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:47 pm

Vanessa and Bart, I found my pictures, thought I lost them in the process of posting originally, I'll try it hear again. About the volume...a few songs into the concert, Dave asked for more volume and then asked the audience if we could hear him. I think I was the first one to yell out loud. Even my wife Bonnie is who is always asking me to turn the radio down was disappointed he asked after playing the awesome lead in 'On the Border' Bart, song writing? not sure about that, maybe someday I'll try.

auntlynnie

Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:40 am

Thanks for the report on the concert, Chan. Now, I'm really wishing I could have been there even more!
Glad you all had a such a great time!
Lynn

BobR

Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:44 pm

Hi Chan,

Meeting up with fellow campers is always fun. And to see Al and Dave makes it so much better.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience and glad you had such a good time.

Bob

wrsomers

Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:56 am

We went to see Al Stewart at Infinity Music Hall in Hartford, CT. last night. Unfortunately, Dave was not with him. Al's other accompanist, Mark was absolutely great, playing, flute, sax, harmonica and percussion. Al is lucky to have Mark who adds so much to the show.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic