Marry Me - Train

familyman4

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:48 pm

Hello Folks,

I have been asked to play several songs at a wedding coming up in a couple of weeks. They gave me their list to play and asked me to choose a few as well. So I decided to start learning this one that I will play as the Groom & Groomsmen walk in. I have been working on it for a couple weeks now and realize it still needs some work, but I thought I would share my progress so far with the forum.

Thanks Vanessa for the detailed lesson! I am changing it slightly with a capo on the 3rd fret, just because I think it fits my voice a bit better.

Bart

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:42 pm

Very nice Bart, well done, that is sounding just fine! very nice picking and vocals.Will you be mic-ed up at the wedding?

Craig

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:19 pm

Bart,

That sounds great! Picking, vocals, guitar, all sound really good! How many songs will you be playing total?

Craig

daryl

Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:21 pm

Nice song. Well played and sung but......

Personally, I thought it was too fast, not heartfelt, and it seemed that you were just rushing to get through it. Now, that could just be what the camera does but here's the sort of speed that I think the song should be played at (85% of your speed). You may disagree and that's OK:

Also, make sure you tune your guitar AFTER you've put the capo on.

sandysue

Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:33 pm

That's a really pretty song Bart. I loved your voice and your finger picking. That's a great song for a wedding. :)

Sandy

familyman4

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:18 pm

Hey there, Thanks for the comments!

Chris - Thanks & yes, I will be playing a guitar thru a PA and singing thru a Beta 58 microphone.

Craig - Thanks for checking in. Not sure of the final number of songs yet just because they want me to play while the guests are being seated too. I will have 10 or so songs ready for that part of the ceremony. Then this song for the Groom entrance, another instrumental for the bride being walked down the isle by her father. Then one last song at the reception for the father/daughter dance.

Daryl - Yea, I have really just been getting this song to the point that I will be able to control more of the dynamics. The speed was a bit too fast, probably about 90% of what I played. Train plays the song at 182bpm and I will be sure and get that slowed down. As stated, just showing progress on a new song I decided to learn. I still have a couple of sections that the words don't come easy for me to remember either but I'll get them down. The proverbial "work in process"

Sandy - Hello Sandy, Thanks for checking out the video! I might show a revised version in a week or so to judge the progress on the song?

Tomorrow night I hope to have the time to set up my own PA system and start running thru all of the song choices. As you probably know, everything changes when amplified and microphones join the picture.

Bart

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:49 am

familyman4 wrote:
Hey there, Thanks for the comments!

Chris - Thanks & yes, I will be playing a guitar thru a PA and singing thru a Beta 58 microphone.

Tomorrow night I hope to have the time to set up my own PA system and start running thru all of the song choices. As you probably know, everything changes when amplified and microphones join the picture.

Bart
Yeah, exactly my thinking :)

davidrfinn99165

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:35 am

Hey Bart, great to see you. For a work in progress i thought you pretty much had that down... sounded sweet to me, sure it'll go great !

Do Taylor sponsor you to wear the T-shirt???

/ david

dekotaj

Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:49 am

BRAVO!! Bart

I have no doubt you will have it all ironed out by the time you play this song for two people in love. The very best to you Sir.
Kev

P.S. that is a real small profiled capo. I like it.What kind is it??

familyman4

Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:42 pm

Thanks for stopping by David and Kevin.

David, I'm not getting paid yet to support the Taylor Guitar Company by wearing their shirts, but I sure do enjoy their instruments!

Kevin, the capo is an "Elliott Capo". They are made in Texas and they have a really nice website if you want to Google them. Mine is the "push button" release and I had them engrave my name on it so if I leave it behind, I might be able to get it back easier. They are very nice capo's. Good Searching!

Bart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic