Summer's End - John Prine, Jason Isbell, Paul Thorn, Lori McKenna

wiley

Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:27 pm

John Prine - No words can possibly fit here, the man had and survived throat cancer, beat it, still performs, still tours, still writes and still writes song like this -----

Jason Isbell - Thanks Jeff, you don't realize how much this artist, and I do mean artist in no small way, has meant to me, and to so many others. This song was written to and for his Mother, who gave life to Jason at, like so many others. at 17!

Paul Thorn - I need say nothing, I performed this song, Hope I'm Doing This Right, at camp - I thought perhaps this clip was more fitting than the song itself - you =can always look it up yourselves, I sincerely hope you do.

Mrs. Lori McKenna - best known for penning Tim McGraw's super hit - "Humble and Kind" she has so much more to offer. This one hit me right in the heart the first time, and the Thirtyifth time, I had to double up on her, too much of where and what my life is at this moment.

I have so many to thank, this journey that began so long ago. And now, thanks to Dave Nachmanoff and Jeff Cohen, and John Jameson, and Dan Wayner and the journey of songwriting has begun to take me on, I hear and feel music in a way I never thought possible.

The one song, the Lori McKenna's "A Mother Never Rest" for me, is dedicated to my wife Donna, and to my two wonderful daughters. And to each and every Mother out there. It's a job I could never do, and as most males, have no ideal how to do. I hope this in some small way says tanks to those who each day and each and every waking and sleeping moment accept that job without thought or pause. Thank You.

It is the way I wish I could live, to be like Tommy, to have an open honest heart and to reach out to those in need, to those I love and to all those who have so deeply touched my life. To help and not hinder even when it seems everyone is against me, everyone wants something, my time, my help, my very soul. I love you guys, and I miss you. Jason - Dan - John - hell, every damn one of ya.

My best to each and yes, everyone of you, may your life's be full of joy and happiness and - shit man, WRITE A DAMN SONG!!! You already have one in you, each of you. We all do,

TGNesh

Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:05 am

Many thanks for sharing your sentiments so elaborately Wiley....I wanna give you the biggest hug! :kiss:

crieniecat

Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:09 pm

Wiley, my friend since first time we met.
So many memories, hugs, laughs, chats, gniffles in the corner and the best selfies in the morning after a late night jam session... You have always been open, about your background, your diabetes struggle and your wonderful guitars.
Your BBQ is legendary and you're always in for a laugh.

Leaves me only one thing to mention, the permanent place you've concurred in my heart....

Be well and safe my dear dear friend :kiss:
Corina.

Rbinding

Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:37 pm

Hey Wiley,

Along the singer songwriter line, I seem to remember you've played a Robert Earl Keen song or two in the past. Last night I saw Robert Earl Keen and Lyle Lovett in concert. It was like sitting in a living room with them as they told stories and took turns playing. They met as sophomores at Texas A&M, already knowing they wanted to be musicians...really a fun concert. I'm still waiting for Ray Wilie Hubbard to come to Tampa. I'm afraid I may have to travel to see him play Snake Farm.

Ron

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic