What is a Drip feed lesson ??..Matt and Neil do a quick Flip take on the newest teaching lesson

TGMatt

Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Greetings.

Thought we would share a quick video that would express the idea and history around the newest lesson format the new "Drip Feed" lessons..

Lavallee

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:25 pm

By the way, you can now comment on the Announcements as well as the TG News.

Neil

d_dog

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:53 pm

Nice explanation, I'm going to work on Judy Blue eyes now!
I am really excited to see a list of songs that are similar or could be easily learned based on existing TARGET lessons. Do you intend to post a list of songs that are similar, within each TARGET lesson? I hope so.

willem

Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:46 am

Who can say to me in simpler words what they want?? we must send video's of a part of the song?? thanks

AndyT

Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:49 am

Willem. Yes. Check the new lesson.
Short pieces to learn.
Spread out to give you time to learn.
Send in your practice video of Suite Judy Blue Eyes.

willem

Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:52 am

I'll check it out,,,thanks Andy..

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:02 am

Cool idea guys. That's actually my approach to many songs here. Just trying out little segments till I have it down, so it's riding the horse the direction it's already going for me.
BTW, with my inattentive reading style, I thought you were offering Deep Fried Songs! Duh!

Chasplaya

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:27 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Cool idea guys. That's actually my approach to many songs here. Just trying out little segments till I have it down, so it's riding the horse the direction it's already going for me.
BTW, with my inattentive reading style, I thought you were offering Deep Fried Songs! Duh!
Lol Deep Fired lessons

Great innovative idea , where do you guys get these from just magic! ( Oh dear remember that saying, Magic!)

lmc831

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:52 am

I think this new Drip Feed is a great idea in learning new music. I do get overwhelm when I see more challenging guitar lessons that I want to learn, but find it to difficult to play in the beginning.

Thanks

Lisa

cosmicmechanic

Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:02 pm

Since I've never used tunings other than standard, it has seemed like a hassle to do it for one song and then switch back to standard tuning.

It's great that you point out other songs that are also played in the same alternate tuning, and with the similar chords, so: "many birds with one stone" (oops, that's not environmentally friendly: I'll use a camera instead).

Looks like I'm motivated to give alternate tunings a try now.

About drip feed: It's the only way to learn, "Divide and conquer".
What is cool in this context is the precise discussion that can occur between students and teacher.

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic