>>>>Matt and Neil flip out on Lindsey Buckingham and Ben Harper and a couple of others..

TGMatt

Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:35 pm

Hope you like this little "spiel"..on my favorite Lindsey, also posted some of the videos that I referred too for Ben , Damon , Blur etc

Moondog

Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:19 pm

Thanks again!

Mike

dennisg

Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:29 pm

Neil,

I think the instrumental bridge that Lindsey plays in Never Going Back Again makes the song far richer than the song is without it. I would very much like to learn how to play that bridge, but it's not included in your lesson. I don't know if you're thinking that this falls under the category not wanting to teach us note-for-note what someone is playing or if it's because the instrumental bridge isn't on the original Fleetwood Mac album. In any event, the song, in my opinion, is far better with its inclusion. Do you have any plans to update the lesson to include the bridge?

BRBbrb

Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:00 pm

Love Lindsey, he so unique. Saw in "Guitar World" mag.; he doesn't like picks & has never used them :ohmy: I relate. Thanks Neil & Matt for highlighting one of my favs who's so underrated.

sws626

Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:54 pm

dennisg wrote:
Neil,

I think the instrumental bridge that Lindsey plays in Never Going Back Again makes the song far richer than the song is without it. I would very much like to learn how to play that bridge, but it's not included in your lesson. I don't know if you're thinking that this falls under the category not wanting to teach us note-for-note what someone is playing or if it's because the instrumental bridge isn't on the original Fleetwood Mac album. In any event, the song, in my opinion, is far better with its inclusion. Do you have any plans to update the lesson to include the bridge?
Sorry, no room in the pipeline.

haoli25

Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:24 pm

I can hardly wait for the "Matt and Neil Flip Out On Tom Petty".

Bill Image

MarkM

Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:50 am

haoli25 wrote:
I can hardly wait for the "Matt and Neil Flip Out On Tom Petty".

Bill Image

Gotta say that I must have missed something on this. Been on the site since Target started and never really understood the meaning behind the "Tom Petty" thing. I'm good with it either way. Personally I love his music. Not the most complicated things in the world but who doesn't like "The Waiting". Petty is about as American as Apple Pie and hotdogs on the 4th of July. In fact, I dare say that, the late 70's and early 80's desperatly needed Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Does anyone remember those days? :blink: :blink:

To each his own. It's all good. Just curious as to what I've missed.

MarkM

AndyT

Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:58 am

The speculation is that Neil does not like Tom's music. Its too something one way or another. He has so far refused to really go into it mostly because that's his character. To not bad mouth someone.

All that aside, I don't think Tom would really have a problem with Neil expressing his feelings. He might even take them into account or have a response that would give Neil a new insight to why he did things the way he did.

But until Neil cracks, the world may never know.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic