Bourrée

Lavallee

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:09 pm

Actually I am not sure if it is missed or that I do not understand it.

I am working on Bourree, and I can see in the video what is happening at about 2.00 of B2 section what Neils refers to a mordent, but cannot find in both PDF and the GP file tabs. In bar 16 of the PDF I can see the little sign in the standard notation at the 3rd beat which is probably the mordent but it does not reflect in the tab. The same for the GP file which is bar 17 (maybe it is not possible to put a mordent in there).

No big deal, but I am curious to know if it can be tabbed.

Great lesson

Marc

TGNeil

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:34 pm

Hi Marc,

I could not find the mordent sign in Guitar Pro but the fingered notation version was done in Finale, a higher powered music engraving program which does include a complete set of ornamentation signs. I figured the verbal explanation along with the Finale version would get the point across.

It sounds like you are making some pretty good progress on Bourree. I'm sure the progress will be shot and uploaded soon???

All the best,

Neil

Lavallee

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:27 pm

Thanks, Neil, sounds good to me, a few weeks before a post on Bourree, though ;)

The next one will be Linus and Lucy half way through just to show it is feasable

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic