I finally got me a webcam.....

ffsooo3

Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:05 pm

...so I thought I'd post a couple videos. It's a low-end Logitech webcam and I'm still trying to figure out lighting, sound, and Windows Movie Maker. As well as the songs....

tovo

Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:40 pm

Daryl that was so nice mate. I love that rendition of Amazing Grace (I will feel real dumb if it isn't...but I'm pretty sure!) The only thing I would say is your playing deserves the best sound quality possible, but you are now up and running so that's cool! Look forward to more from you.

Thanks for the look.

jayswett

Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:43 pm

I particularly liked your Amazing Grace piece. Very nice. I noted that you tend to fingerpick with your thumb and first finger, and only rarely use your 2nd and 3rd fingers. Your playing didn't suffer as a result, but I would think that it might be something you could work on in order advance your playing to a new level. Those were very enjoyable videos.

ffsooo3

Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:29 pm

Tony - Yeah it's "Amazing Grace" or at least my attempt at it. I just started learning it last week. Regarding the sound quality, thanks for the kind words. I'll be working on trying to get my ProTools gear to work with Movie Maker. Hopefully the 2 will work at the same time on my computer.

Jay - Thanks for the input. I do use 3 fingers (thumb, index, and middle) when there's a pattern to pick (like "Homeward Bound" and "Julia") but when there's no particular pattern I play what feels comfortable for the moment. Perhaps that's not right and I've developed those "bad habits" Neil talks about....

-Daryl

mcfingers

Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:27 pm

Daryl, I enjoyed listening to both pieces very much. Makes me think I need to learn Amazing Grace. The sound quality was very good too. Nice work.

Steve

haoli25

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:13 pm

Great job on both videos Daryl. Both were a pleasure to listen to. Thanks for posting your videos.

Bill Image

Lavallee

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:47 pm

Very nice Daryl both songs are coming out very nicely. What is your guitar and how do you connect it. The fat strings are very warm and rich.

Marc

ffsooo3

Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:05 pm

Steve, Bill, Marc - Thanks. "Amazing Grace" is a nice song to learn. Like "Freight Train" and "Windy and Warm" there are many possibilities. I'm hoping to "get to the next level" with "Amazing Grace". We'll see.

Marc - On "Those Who Wait" I was playing my Ovation (electric/acoustic) Anniversary, unplugged, with drop-D tuning, capo'd at the 2nd fret. On "Amazing Grace" I was playing my Ovation (plain acoustic) Anniversary capo'd at the 2nd fret. I miked each guitar with an Audio-Technica mike straight into my computer's microphone jack. I'm actually planning on changing the strings on both guitars as they are starting to sound a little dead to me.

MarkM

Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:19 pm

Daryl,

Both songs were very nice. I particularly enjoyed Amazing Grace. Very soothing the way you played with just a hint of bluesy (is that a word) flair. I'm quite under the weather today and this song really made me relax and enjoy it. Thanks for sharing and I really can't wait to see/hear more from you. Oh the guitar sounded really wonderful.

MarkM

buddy

Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:21 am

Daryl,

Nicely played and very soothing.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic