Here's my attempt at the Anthology version of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"

syndes

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:31 pm

Dude,
Awesome. :woohoo: The playing was great and so too the video editing. I know how much effort goes into these vids. Appreciate your courage for stepping up to the plate!

Michael ;)
Flagstaff, AZ

wrench

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:56 pm

That was fantastic, Daryl. Somehow, I had a feeling all along you were a ringer. Thanks for sharing this vid with us. I enjoyed it immensely.

Dan

ffsooo3

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:35 pm

Michael, Thank you. The PIP was a challenge but mostly fun to do. I hope to do another PIP in the not too distant future.

Dan, A ringer? Hardly. I stumble along like the rest of the fine folk here! In fact there are many days when I want to give up and sell the guitars thinking, "why bother, it's hopeless, I can't do it". But with all the great people here, and all the words of encouragement, I keep at it.

AcousticAl

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:52 am

Just saw this video. Why is it in the 'outtakes'?? That was a great version!

Well done.

ffsooo3

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:57 am

Hi Al, Thanks. Is there another category I should have used? Since I'm not a TARGET member I can't put it in TargetStudentReviews on YouTube.

d_dog

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:39 pm

ffsooo3, First, I think you should become a member, I love supporting all that these guys do for us. Ok, enough of the sales pitch. I think you did a bang up job! Fantastic work. I really like the self collaboration. Better sound would be nice, but I still like the tone of the nylon strings, works great for this song. I would only suggest maybe a bit slower, otherwise, bravo man!

heyjoe

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:49 am

Hi ffsooo3

Great video, loved the playing, its one of my favourite songs.

About the PIP, if you want a full split screen version for Windows Movie Maker, I know a site where you can get one free-its very easy to use and also uploads lots of other cool features onto Movie maker too, PM for the location if you'd like it.

I'm with Dennis and the others on the sound too, your playing sounds good but some of it is lost in the audio hiss. Maybe you could let us know your recording set-up and we could help? Is your guitar electro acoustic..do you record thru web cam etc etc, that sort of thing.

Well done with the song, enjoyed it a lot.

Joe

ffsooo3

Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:07 am

Damian - Thanks for the kind words and suggestions. I guess the sound quality is REALLY bad as my Ovations are steel strings! :unsure: :dry: I'm working on improving the sound quality and may post WMGGW again with better sound (and perhaps a bit slower). Regarding becoming a member: can't really do that, need to live within my budget (hence the free (low-end) webcam, free desktop PC, semi-permanent ProTools loaner, and one of my Ovations I effectively got from my local dump!).

Joe - Thank you. If I do another PIP I might try the full split screen or some other variation. I picked up lots of WMM Transitions from rehanfx.org. My webcam is EXTREMELY low-end so the video quality won't improve much but I am working on getting better sound. We'll see....

heyjoe

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:58 am

ffsooo3, rehan is exactly where I got my transitions from too!!

only other place I know of where you can get other stuff is from movie maker forums, all sorts of tricks there

Jow

thereshopeyet

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:17 am

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic