Classical Gas

tunatuk

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:48 am

I'm horrible at reading music, so I don't know where the error is, but in the "Let's Talk Theory" section, he says there are several measures of 5/4 time, but the tab provided doesn't show any. It shows several measures of 6/4 time.

abiliog

Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:48 am

Yes, it does. Check section B, page 3, measure 7.

saburoji

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:55 am

Reading music becomes easy with effort and time to understand it step by step. The best way (for me) is to learn finger style songs, is to master one scale at a time. I take it slow to learn the pattern then listen to the song then speed it up. Once I got it I'll move on to the next then next then next till the song is complete. I find it cool when the sound starts coming together. Have the tab or/and sheet music in front of you always helps to say to yourself "so that what that means". Trust me I told myself that many times learning songs this way. Slow step by step and listening part by part works for me. Oh yea when you master a scale, play it from the begining as many times you feel like a pro then move on. Learning takes time, but it's time well spent. Well that is how I learned to play and learned how to read music. Hope it helps. Take help from others and make your way from it and that will be that. :)

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic