Learning to read tabs

getarzan

Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:18 pm

Would someone tell me where I can go to learn to read the tabs for Neil's songs. I'm trying to learn to play Angie but can't read the tabs. Been playing for about a year and am kinda gettin the hang of it, but I've got to learn to read if I'm gonna get any better. Thanks for any and all suggestions! Mike

BigBear

Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:04 pm

Sure, try this link: http://www.howtotuneaguitar.org/lessons ... uitar-tab/

TAB is really easy. The six lines represent the six strings of a guitar. The numbers on the line represent which fret the note is played.

haoli25

Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:07 am

Getarzan, place your guitar down flat on your lap. Look down at the fretboard, the high E string on your guitar is represented as the top line of the TAB. And of course, the low E string on your guitar is represented as the bottom line of the TAB.
As you are reading the TAB, the numbers printed on the individual lines indicate the fret to be played for that particular string.
Print out the TAB for "Angie" and then follow along with Neil on the SLOW IT DOWN video and you will catch on in no time. From then on, it's just practice, practice, practice like the rest of us. lol

keep pickin'

Haoli

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic