Tackling Theory and learning to jam

suzanne7253

Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:15 pm

Have you ever wondered if there was an interesting way to find a scale and compose a tune or come up with a hot lick?

It is very easy.... You just have to know what a half step and whole step is on your instrument.

Do you want to know how this works...stay tuned.

S

willem

Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:24 pm

suzanne7253 wrote:
Have you ever wondered if there was an interesting way to find a scale and compose a tune or come up with a hot lick?

It is very easy.... You just have to know what a half step and whole step is on your instrument.

S
I KNOW AND I STAY TUNED! BECAUSE I WANNA KNOW MORE..

jayswett

Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:55 pm

Very intriguing...

suzanne7253

Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:39 pm

How much do you know about Music theory and how it works?
Can you play scales on your instrument and do you know how to figure out chords? I'm seeing what members know about music theory and how to present some supplementary material to Totally Guitars. What level are you playing at presently? Do you improvise? Feedback is welcome!

BigBear

Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:27 pm

suzanne7253 wrote:

S

Suzanne- well it isn't quite that easy but close! It helps to know the Circle of Fifths and then with whole and half steps you can find your way around the various scales and patterns necessary to play a lead or riff!

Many of us have more than a little theory background but we're always up for a new discussion! Bring it on girl!!

Cheers! :cheer:

AndyT

Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:54 pm

A great place for this discussion would be the Music Theory group. Come and join us.

Chasplaya

Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:38 am

suzanne7253 wrote:

S
A different approach and intriguing. AndyT has already mentioned a good place for this discussion, unless of course you know something different??

Also a warm welcome to TG , surprised Bigbear didn't throw out his usual welcoming mat and invite you to introduce yourself at the Please Intro Yourself Here thread in the Forum

BigBear

Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:28 pm

Sorry for my unbelievable breach of etiquette! lol! I was so intriqued by Suzanne's post that I forgot she is brand new to the site!

Welcome Suzanne! We're glad to have you with us! As Chas said could we ask you to go over to the Please Introduce Yourself thread and tell us a little about yourself, where yo ulive, how old you are, what are your musical tastes and where you are on your musical journey.

Also, did you ask those questions hypothetically or do you have a rabbit up your sleeve? lol!

There are lots of great people and information on this forum. All you have to do is ask! If we can help you with anything please let us know!!

Cheers! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic