What to play

pineappletrain

Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:41 pm

Hi everyone
Well today i preformed classical gas infront of my class, and they like it which was wery fun. I am later on gonna preform a number of songs on the school stage (sometime in the spring) and i wonder if you have hany good songs in mind exept classical gas that do good on its own as i will be playing by myselfe, maybe for one song i will have some other guitars to comp me but that i havent decided on yet.
So any good song suggestions :)

AcousticAl

Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:01 pm

I vote for Windy and Warm. Check out Mark's version. It doesn't just stand on it's own; it'll carry you away if you don't hold on to your chair good-n-tight...

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/86- ... y-and-warm

[video][/video]

pineappletrain

Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:52 pm

mm yes that is a good one, ive started working on the first part its sunds nice.

mmmbldo

Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:52 pm

Are you looking for songs not on Totally Guitars?

pineappletrain

Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:53 pm

mmmbldo wrote:
Are you looking for songs not on Totally Guitars?
yes that to, any good song that you might think i should learn, it would help if you knew where to get the tabs or some notes for that song but for now just any song, lets brain storm :)

willem

Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:06 pm

Oh. Well if it's inspiration you seek... 'To the Wilson System, you must go' (Yoda) There you will find little known masters of the Force (music), the likes of which you can hardly believe... ("I don't believe it! That; is why you fail") Including places strong with the Dark side (Blues)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Wils0n951

P.S. You'll have to check out some of the subscriptions too (not just my Favorites) Much you will find there, hidden within...

The greatest treasures are often found where you most fear to go...

mmmbldo

Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:22 pm

I was thinking some of the early Beatles songs would work. They are mostly straightforward and not too difficult. They would be fairly quick for you to learn, and most people like them. "I Feel Fine" might be a good one. I am attaching a tab for it.

Update: Well, I will attach it when I get it to work.

dennisg

Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:41 pm

Pineappletrain,

Two songs that pretty much everyone likes are Blackbird and Never Going Back Again, both of which are on the TG site.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

Lavallee

Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:02 pm

Pineappletrain, I am almost done with Windy and warm (remembering the chords , that is) so I am starting a new one that somebody here had already posted: Livin on a prayer from Bon Jovi butr the accoustic version(definitley a long term project for me). I find this song very punchy in this arrangement. It is also a godd opportunity to learn with a thumb pick. I have the Guitar Pro tabs if you are interested.

Marc

rgrewe

Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:46 am

Marc,
Wow! I totally enjoyed Livin video . I love the technique and enjoyed the song its self.
I recently found this website and found a lot to enjoy , improve , and hope for. Through the website and the people who contribute, this has been great.
I have been tryin' to improve my guitar skills after many years of doing nothing other than a few strums here and there. Well I have more time to try to play, after being laid off after 38 years, (there is a reason for everything).
I'd love to check out the tabs.

Sorry I wasn't more on the subject but I just felt like I needed to comment

Keep it up , Loved it and thanks for sharing

Randy (Springfield , OH)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic