Useful website for those interested in alternate tunings

jayswett

Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:34 pm

I cam across this website tonight which is useful for tuning one's guitar to alternate tunings. Open E, D, Drop D, etc. Just choose the appropriate tuning you desire and adjust your strings according to the various tones.

howtotuneaguitar.org/

Lavallee

Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:46 pm

Thanks Jay, very useful site.

Marc

Chasplaya

Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:17 pm

A useful reference, it would be good if Neil had some resource like this on TG though, save looking at the opposition.

rcsnydley

Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:24 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
A useful reference, it would be good if Neil had some resource like this on TG though, save looking at the opposition.
What do you mean by opposition, aren't they a free website offering alternate tuning information? I went there and they didn't ask me for any money. I didn't know Neil was in competition with all the other music sites on the web.

Ric

Chasplaya

Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:26 pm

I never mentioned money and I didn't say not to go there, all I said was it would be good to get this kind of stuff here, other instructional sites are competition aren't they? You can't deny it would be good to have a one stop shop surely!

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:36 pm

I believe such gizzmos are in the pipeline for us here so's we can keep it in the family and all on the same site.... would be really cool.

rcsnydley

Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:39 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
I never mentioned money and I didn't say not to go there, all I said was it would be good to get this kind of stuff here, other instructional sites are competition aren't they? You can't deny it would be good to have a one stop shop surely!
I sort of agree, it would be great to have it all here as this is where I spend the majority of my time. Though I'm not really sure other sites are competition. Quite frankly I don't think Neil has any competition. I just don't think it's an us versus them, I like to have variety and a wealth of information.

But, with that being said I love your idea Chas of having it all here. Hint, Hint.

Ric

rcsnydley

Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:41 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
I believe such gizzmos are in the pipeline for us here so's we can keep it in the family and all on the same site.... would be really cool.
I've been on this website for about a year now and it's done nothing but get better and better. I have no reason to feel it will not continue to do so.

Ric

rcsnydley

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:39 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
A lot of sites include a resource or further reading link, perhaps something like that may be useful.

Ric

TGMatt

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:48 pm

any sites that carry ads for products we have or will have is actually competition,a site that has no ads but has you go their is still actually still damaging..taking eyeballs away from us to them..whilst their is no one on that side saying come here...with a link ...so I treat this very seriosuly..so be careful what you post as it can dilute this site potentially

If a site like this gets represented then for me it is an indicator that we need to do something sooner if the demand is their..

..soo to combat this we have stufff coming to fulfill the needs..including a tuner..

So keep your eyes peeled...the best thing to get everything you ever wanted on here, is to firstly ask for it, and secondly help build the community here..

When you recommend this site on other sites and put a link then you create real value for us..when you do the opposite it leaks away..

Its a simple equation - as we grow, we will be committing more and more resources to getting this place to the top of the mountain..

Thx all for listening

Matt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic