New Original Song

rcsnydley

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:43 pm

Thanks d-dog. To address your suggestions, it does actually start with the verse, the hook line, "she's the kind of girl", starts out line 1 and 3 of the verses and then the chorus ends with, "she's the kind of girl for you".
I believe the "into thing" you are referring to is the Bridge, it is also know as the Middle Eight, and ends with the line, "she's that kind of girl". It is for musical effect and should only happen once in a song.
I'm glad you liked the lyrics, vocal, melody line and chord progression.

Bear - WOW, you must have liked it so few words. LOL But very kind and encouraging ones, thanks.

RicksPick - thanks, those are very nice words to read and I appreciate it more than I can say.

d_dog

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:55 pm

rcsnydley wrote:
Thanks d-dog. To address your suggestions, it does actually start with the verse, the hook line, "she's the kind of girl", starts out line 1 and 3 of the verses and then the chorus ends with, "she's the kind of girl for you".
I believe the "into thing" you are referring to is the Bridge, it is also know as the Middle Eight, and ends with the line, "she's that kind of girl". It is for musical effect and should only happen once in a song.
I'm glad you liked the lyrics, vocal, melody line and chord progression.

Bear - WOW, you must have liked it so few words. LOL But very kind and encouraging ones, thanks.

RicksPick - thanks, those are very nice words to read and I appreciate it more than I can say.
Thanks for going easy on me Rick! I don't know much about writing, I'm happy to have the lesson and insight. I'll re-listen. I really do like it!

rcsnydley

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:21 pm

d-dog - no reason for me not to "go easy" on you. They are all valid suggestions and its great to see someone analyze the song structure. If you would like to write that is a great way to begin. Before I was a song writer I was a song analyzer and still am.

I am certainly not above listening to all ideas and suggestions. I posted some of my lyrics on a songwriting website forum once and one of the members made some suggestions. I liked the suggestions and as a result changed both the song title and some of the song structure.

So keep analyzing, suggesting and learning. If there is any way I can assist don't hesitate to ask as I would be more than willing to share what I can.

Ric

michelew

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:31 am

Ric,

That was really beautiful! I'm not surprised to hear that you're an experience musician and song writer. I wish you great success with your recording career. But, after listening your song I think that you'll do fabulously without luck.

Michele

rcsnydley

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:00 am

Thank you Michele, I'm glad you liked it. I will post an update when I do a full production of it.

professor bob

Sat May 08, 2010 9:49 pm

I really like your voice, keep up the good work. I know it is hard but I think you should shorten it to no more than three minutes. You have a pleasant sound.

thereshopeyet

Sun May 09, 2010 10:22 am

Thanks

rcsnydley

Sun May 09, 2010 2:47 pm

Thanks professor bob and thereshopeyet.

That is the demo of the song and I hope to start working on a more polished version soon.

johnrfeeney

Sun May 09, 2010 5:49 pm

very good songs

sounds like you like to play in D flat

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic