New Original Song

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:08 am

Great stuff Ric. Solid work and good singing. Well done! Maybe you can put the track into MovieMaker and add stills of yourself.... then you have your video and we can feedback just on how it sounds.

wammer

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:24 am

Nice job Ric
Im so impressed with people that can write their own tunes. Great voice toooooooo

Tammy

rcsnydley

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:29 am

Thanks Chris. Yeah, I think it's time to start working with MovieMaker and getting used to it.

I'm glad you like it Tammy, I actually started playing guitar to accompany my singing. I have always liked writing so song writing was a natural outlet.

haoli25

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:43 am

Ric, my advice, copyright it, QUICK!!!!! What a pleasure to listen to. Thank you for sharing it.

Bill Image

rcsnydley

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:52 am

Thanks Bill.

I am actually talking to my lawyer about copyrighting some songs at present. I was offered a 6 song publishing contract and I have him checking that out for me also.

haoli25

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:59 am

Congratulations Ric on the contract, you deserve it. I am also glad you have an attorney to protect your interests.

Music Junkie

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:36 pm

Ric: I had heard some of your stuff a while back when we had conversations on songwriting. Liked your material then, and this is beautiful as well. I am very glad that you decided to share this with us. Being able to write a song of my own is one of my goals for 2010. Your voice is very nice, and you should be proud of your work!

MJ

d_dog

Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:39 pm

Nice work Ric! I thinks it's awesome when people share their personal original stuff, it's even braver than posting cover songs. Great job man. I have never written a song before so please take this with a grain of salt. Hopefully my comments will be judged as well. :)
The lyrics and vocals are fantastic and the melody and chord progressions I really really like, however, I think a few tweaks to the song structure and you've really got a hit there. It seems to start with the chorus and only vaguely transitions into what I think is the verse. Also a little more room to breath, maybe a 4 measure break earlier on for a melodic break, I like that into thing, maybe re-iterate that in the middle somewhere.
Again, I really do like it, and I fully agree with the comments about protecting your rights, not that you'll get to keep them if you make it big, hahaha ;)

BigBear

Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:30 pm

rcsnydley wrote:
I don't have video capabilities so here it is on my Soundclicks page.

"She's The Kind of Girl"

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=8629345

Ric

Ric- WOW! You continue to amaze! For a keyboard player that is one hell of a guitar piece! I really loved that song. The guitar was wonderful; crisp, clean and not over-done. But the singing was over the top! Now we know who the singers are on this site!

The Old Bear is almost at a lost for words! Almost, except to say well done my friend!! You blew me away! Congratulations!

RicksPick

Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:49 pm

Ric
What can I say,
beautiful sound and talented
Spring to mind

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic